Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

61P2KCqs-EL._AC_SX425_.jpg

His dedication to lying and stupid is impressive though. They don't work (I think they do), they kill all the birds (if they don't site them in bird flight paths they don't kill all the birds, I still have birds in my garden for example, and I'm sure he doesn't give a shit about birds in other circumstances), they're the most expensive energy you can have (actually the cheapest now aren't they?), they ruin the landscapes (I actually quite like them, unlike electricity pylons that do scar the landscape), they last 10 years (no, 20 or 25), nobody ever takes them down (would be interested to see the number that are decommissioned but it'll be above zero).

How do you remain that stupid about a particular topic? People must have pointed all this out to him before. Perhaps he does indeed think all the wind turbines are windmills, which are good for grinding flour but fuck all use for generating electricity.

Last edited:
:facepalm:

Also true that Tulsi Gabbard and now Bernie Sanders are backed by Russia, are Russian assets etc?
Democrats Have a Plan to Beat Bernie Sanders: Call Him a Russian 'Asset

It’s all a tinfoil con job, I’d be surprised they keep recycling it if it weren’t for the fact they are desperate.

Yeah Tulsi Gabbard is clearly not backed by Russia:

No, it's not the daily mash. Kid Rock's advice sought on global issues. A bit of light relief. I kind of miss Trump and his relatively amusing insanity compared to the current fucking nutter destroying the world.

Sky reporting an eight hour gap found in his official phone record on day of capitol riot. Sure there's a perfectly innocent explanation.
whether Mr Trump was communicating through other means during this period, possibly through personal mobile phones, burner phones or some other type of communication, such as a phone passed to him by an aide.

A burner phone is a cheap pre-paid device that is typically destroyed after use. They are often used by criminals.
:D

"Either it was really stupid or really corrupt."

Possibly not stupid because there are apparently no penalties for doing it.

It was also previously revealed that dozens of items went missing from the State Department's gift vault during the transition from the Trump to Biden administrations, including a $5,800 bottle of whisky given to then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo by the Japanese government.

Trump officials also kept robes made of tiger and cheetah fur and an ivory dagger gifted by the Saudi royal family, despite a White House lawyer determining that the items most likely violated the Endangered Species Act. The furs were fake, it was eventually revealed.

Trump aides were also investigated by the State Department over allegations that they stole goodie bags meant for foreign dignitaries attending the 2020 G7 summit that was canceled due to the pandemic.
They really are special. :D

Have we had any discussion of the Virginia Thomas stuff yet? I'd missed that until today:

eta:
The revelation of Ginni Thomas's conspiracy-minded text messages have prompted critics on the left to call for Clarence Thomas to be impeached and removed from his lifetime seat on the Supreme Court.
They point to his lone dissent from the Supreme Court decision ordering the release of White House documents to the congressional committee investigating the 6 January Capitol attack as evidence that he was secretly protecting his wife, who was closely involved in efforts to overturn Donald Trump's election defeat.
Mr Thomas's defenders counter that he should not be held responsible for the activities of his spouse and, in any regard, there are no ethical rules that apply to high court justices.
You know you're in a good position when your defenders are reaching for the "there are no ethical rules that can be applied to this person" argument.

Last edited:
Donald Trump is coming to my neighborhood:

WASHINGTON – Donald Trump travels to Nebraska next week for a campaign rally featuring a supportive gubernatorial candidate who has been accused of groping by eight women.

Charles W. Herbster, an agribusiness executive running for governor, has denied the allegations, which have roiled his primary race against two prominent Nebraska Republicans.

Eight women, including a state senator, told the Nebraska Examiner that Herbster touched then inappropriately while hugging them during public appearances.

The current Republican governor, Pete Ricketts, has suggested Herbster should drop out of the race, saying "sexual assault is criminal behavior and should disqualify anyone from elected leadership." A bipartisan group of state senators put out a statement also calling the candidate's behavior "disqualifying."

What's interesting about this is that Trump seems to mostly endorse sex predators. Herbster is accused of groping 8 women, including a state senator. Our very right-wing governor believes this is true and has asked Herbster is back out of the race. Thing is, I'm not so certain he won't win. Given that I"m still seeing lots of Trump flags when I drive around the state.

BTW, congratulations are in order. I've changed my party affiliation on my voter registration. I'm now a registered Republican. I can vote against this guy on May 10--not that there's a lot of choices that aren't completely batshit.

Last edited:
BTW, congratulations are in order. I've changed my party affiliation on my voter registration. I'm now a registered Republican. I can vote against this guy on May 10--not that there's a lot of choices that aren't completely batshit.

It turns out that I'm not alone in switching parties right before the primary:

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - With the Nebraska primary election on May 10, voters across the state are getting ready to decide who is likely to be the next governor and some Democrats are looking to weigh in on the Republican primary.

In the last month, nearly 2,000 Democrats have re-registered as Republicans.

In the last month, the Democratic party lost 1,787 voters and the Republican party gained 1,985 voters.

Hibbing said this could impact the race for governor.

“If people want any input into who the governor is going to be, they will probably want to vote in the Republican primary,” Hibbing said. “And in Nebraska that requires you to be a registered Republican.”

Hibbing said a lot of Democrats who switched are likely to switch back come November.

It's true that if you want to have any kind of say on who becomes governor, you have to vote in the Republican primary. Its such a red state that we all know the Democrats won't win in November. If you're going to choose the lesser evil, it has to be at that point.

Is the Democratic voting system not less democratic as well or is that only for presidential candidates?

The Democratic candidates tend to be less batshit crazy. I would generally be ok with anyone who is on the Democratic Party ticket. Some of the Republican candidates are ok with things like child labor, allowing 13-year-olds to get married, repeal of the minimum wage, abolition of abortion rights, abolition of access to birth control, etc. I'm not ok with that.

There are also fewer Democrats overall, so their primary isn't very exciting. If you want to be a Democratic candidate for office, just go sign up and you're on the ballot. In the last election, I don't think they even fielded candidates for some positions.

. . . I've changed my party affiliation on my voter registration. I'm now a registered Republican. I can vote against this guy on May 10--not that there's a lot of choices that aren't completely batshit.

What does this mean? Genuine question btw - I've got our voting cards for the up coming local elections, but they're pretty much the same for a General Election - I'm not "registered" as anything, it's none of their fucking business and who I vote for is no-ones business but my own

Back
Top Bottom