Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

I'm sure all those slaves in the Southern states had no qualms about supporting their side.

The term "War between the states" was one coined by white racists in the South seeking to justify their 2Lost Cause" narrative

The southern states did not take into account the opinions of the blacks.
I also doubt the the blacks had too many guns.

Or to ride around in a pickup taking pot shots at your opponents. I imagine all that extra lardy mass comes in handy when firing a 50cal sniper rifle as well...
That's not really war, though. What happens if there's an actual armed enemy and they shoot the tyres out?

what do you mean by that?
5ed346e4b5757df00ce39bfd-large.jpg

The southern states did not take into account the opinions of the blacks.
I also doubt the the blacks had too many guns.

Being a slave doesn't prevent you, in your terms, from knowing which side you were on. As to guns around 180,000 African Americans many of whom had been slaves in the South fought with the Union Forces.

eh

eh? I was asking what they meant by 'at least they have uniforms' as if it's a good thing? They are sounding like they approve of these nitwits, though I doubt they do!

Think it was meant to be "...so at least they are like proper soldiers in one respect".

That's not really war, though. What happens if there's an actual armed enemy and they shoot the tyres out?
I was being slightly flippant. Having said that though, a pickup with a 50 cal mounted on it is a pretty popular choice of civil war/insurrection transportation.

The country seems so divided, that a civil war may be the only way out.

I'm not sure how it would play out, though.
The last civil war saw states vs states. Easy to see what side you were on.
How would it work out if it was democrats vs republicans? Each state has both.

Scary stuff, and I truly hope that it will not happen.
They would need something that the whole country could unite together.
I have no idea what that would be.

This was just a thought.

To be honest, I don't think there will be a civil war down there.
Too many good people on both sides to let it happen.

AP has a story about a new book by the Whitehouse Russia expert who not surprisingly found Trump a mad narcissist and apparently Putin played him like a fiddle:
Thought it was interesting she says she's a miner's daughter from our northeast.

Did we cover this one yet?

Ivanka “would’ve been great,” just “incredible” at the job, Trump explained to reporter Elaina Plott. “I even thought of Ivanka for the World Bank,” he added. “She would’ve been great at that because she’s very good with numbers. She’s got a great calmness...I’ve seen her under tremendous stress and pressure. She reacts very well—that’s usually a genetic thing, but it’s one of those things, nevertheless. She’s got a tremendous presence when she walks into the room.”

AP has a story about a new book by the Whitehouse Russia expert who not surprisingly found Trump a mad narcissist and apparently Putin played him like a fiddle:
Thought it was interesting she says she's a miner's daughter from our northeast.

I like this one - Kremlin denies Grisham's claim that it picked an 'attractive' translator to distract Trump in a G20 meeting with Putin

Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov said it was untrue that Putin had any role in deliberately selecting an attractive translator.

"Interpreters are provided by the foreign ministry at the request of the presidential administration," said Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov in comments published by the state-backed outlet Sputnik. "Putin himself is not involved in this process."

nice.jpg

oo-la-la and hubabuba

:D

This was just a thought.

To be honest, I don't think there will be a civil war down there.
Too many good people on both sides to let it happen.

I don't think there will be a civil war, but I do see "lone wolf" violence on the upswing. I can see neighbor against neighbor violence based on political affiliation pop up in skirmishes. Most of the people talking about civil war don't have the guts to actually follow through, but there's always going to be crazies who will. Also, you have to consider that a civil war would mean making sacrifices and organizing for the common good. You can't get most of them to make the sacrifice of taking a vaccine or wearing a mask. They won't be able to cope with harder sacrifices. And if worse comes to worse, and there's a war between red and blue states, then they'll soon realize that the taxes paid in blue states, prop up the red states economically. I believe the current phrase to describe this problem is "fuck around and find out."

Not Trump himself but... :facepalm: :D

The Independent: Pro-Trump candidate suggests taking all boats out of the water to lower sea levels.
Presumably, if we know the surface area of the entire ocean, and the gross displacement of every ship on the ocean, we could calculate what the effect on sea levels would be of this interesting step :)

Back
Top Bottom