Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

They're giving him remdesivir now apparently. That has serious side effects (liver damage, nausea and vomiting) and according to the Lancet today:

In the first published placebo-controlled trial of remdesivir for treating severe COVID-19, Yeming Wang and colleagues were unable to attain their primary endpoint of time to clinical improvement. Although admittedly underpowered due to early trial termination, remdesivir did not appear to affect rates of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) viral RNA load decline and mortality when compared with placebo. Given these disappointing findings, we are left to wonder if a lack of clinically significant outcomes in placebo-controlled trials could have been predicted. By inhibiting early coronavirus life cycle in vitro and in animal models, remdesivir might require initiation before the peak viral replication, which is not feasible in the clinical human presentation of COVID-19.
In cell cultures exposed to murine coronavirus, early remdesivir initiation substantially decreased viral titres compared with control. However, this treatment effect was completely lost when initiation occurred just 8 h after infection. In another study, mice administered early remdesivir relative to inoculation with SARS-CoV had substantially reduced lung damage compared with untreated cohorts, an effect that was lost when initiation was delayed by 2 days after inoculation. The need for early treatment has been identified in additional animal models, as Wang and colleagues confirm, with remdesivir initiation following peak viral replication being unable to affect disease severity or mortality.

It would be even funnier if he managed to make himself worse by demanding as many new experimental treatents as possible.

Last edited:
yes but waking up and finding that he's infected loads of people round him ... :)

which gives a good road in for criticism - all the people that have been infected by the maskless stupidity of him and the conservatives along with the number of people infected because of his lack of action.

I don't want him to die, certainly not before election day. It would mean he escapes punishment for his numerous crimes and goes out "undefeated" both in the courts and electorally. Fuck that. I want him to lose the election and to know he lost

I don't want him to die, certainly not before election day. It would mean he escapes punishment for his numerous crimes and goes out "undefeated" both in the courts and electorally. Fuck that. I want him to lose the election and to know he lost

He's not going to be punished. You'd have a much better chance of feeling satisfied in the outcome if you just wished him serious physical harm or death.

I can see Trump's minions trying hard to get Biden infected now.
It will lessen the damage caused by Trump appearing weak to have let himself get Ill.
Perhaps not so easy to achieve after your man has bad-mouthed the people who normally conduct such operations

I can see Trump's minions trying hard to get Biden infected now.
It will lessen the damage caused by Trump appearing weak to have let himself get Ill.
Perhaps not so easy to achieve after your man has bad-mouthed the people who normally conduct such operations

Yep and Democrats in the senate and congress you'd imagine, too.

No hope. He'd claim he had won even if he only had his own vote for him. :(

Good piece by the Daily Kos

Quotes from various people including:

Andy Slavitt/USA Today:
Trump's COVID-19 opportunity: Stop mocking masks. Embrace them instead and save lives.
Many of those who don’t wear masks are highly influenced by President Trump. He has the power with his actions to change the course of the disease.
President Trump’s health should not be political fodder. Biological threats to the president of the United States are serious business. Taxpayers pay millions of dollars in security and Secret Service payroll to prevent such threats from ever reaching the president. His illness should not be politicized. There is a lesson, however, in his flouting of mask wearing, one of the easiest and most effective ways to lower our risk of infection, and in our consideration of our fellow citizens.

First bit I'm not totally in line with but I can see it resonating with US voters.

Also quotes:

Well this is particularly grim - E Jean Carroll, who has accused Trump of sexually assaulting her, has been interviewing women who have had similar experiences. They describe to her precisely what he did without recourse to euphemistic language such as ‘grope’ or ‘touch’.

:mad: :(
I do hope a whole slew of similar accounts come out regularly over the next month.
Literally, a month - election day is Nov 3rd

So Boris took over a week from testing positive to hospitalisation, and that seems fairly typical from what I’ve heard about this virus in the threads in the Covid section. Trump announces his positive result one day and is in hospital the next. Ergo, he’s had it over a week and they’ve been covering it up until it started to get too bad to conceal.

So how many people has he spread it to during the time it’s been hushed up?
Actually, it's more likely he got it a couple of days before it was announced, as the most likely person to infect him was Hope Hicks, and he took a flight with her 2 days before it was announced

That's exactly how I want it, preferably also with a rout of all the downballot Republicans, handing the Senate to the Democrats, and making Lindsey Graham look even more like a man recovering from a recent and excruciating bout of haemorrhoids

Back
Top Bottom