Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

absolutely nothing wrong with screwing over the big tech companies and taxing the fuck out of them. ditto, the horrific regime that is the PRC.
It's just that the way Trump is trying to do it is 100% fantasyland politics. He can't actually do anything that he's pretending to try to do against them. It's axctually impossible., legally, to do so, so it's another con trick, so all it ends up with is another Big Tech bunch - microsoft - taking their stuff. It's a complete snow job.
e2a: he's doing nothing for working class people in doing so; he's just aiding one plutocrat group against another.

Trump weighs in on the Beirut explosion by claiming it was an attack.

“I would advise against listening to Donald Trump at the best of times, let alone the worst,” Tom Fletcher, a former British ambassador to Lebanon, said.

“You can’t show up unprepared for the Middle East. Careless messaging from the White House has consequences, even when no one takes the tweeter seriously. I hope future American presidents will try to help put out fires in the region, not fan them.”

" The White House gave no guidance on Wednesday as to whether Trump had received a top secret intelligence briefing, had seen something on Twitter – or just made up the claim and imagined a conversation with US generals. "

:eek:

:facepalm:

" The White House gave no guidance on Wednesday as to whether Trump had received a top secret intelligence briefing, had seen something on Twitter – or just made up the claim and imagined a conversation with US generals. "

:eek:

:facepalm:
Pretty much every leak from the White House includes the statement that Trump doesn't read briefings so it's definitely one of the other two, my money is the last.

Oh, go get stuffed!!!

Dias has said that the arguments that American steel producers are making to the Trump administration about the need for intervention — including that a surge in Canadian aluminum imports is causing aluminum prices to collapse — are “preposterous and utterly divorced from reality,” because globally, due to COVID-19, demand for metal has gone down and that’s led to the declining prices.

Depends how many people Biden ends up killing. I'll reserve judgement

One thing that has distinguished Trump is that most of his body count have been American citizens. A certain amount of overseas deaths are part of the job description (sorry), but letting citizens die because you can't be bothered or you're too busy raking in profit, is not.

That's why I think the polls are wrong. A lot of people won't publicly admit they're Trump supporters. The race is closer than any of us knows and we shouldn't just hang back safe in the knowledge that Biden will win, until Biden actually has won.
But it’s also very hard to publicly admit you have made a mistake and were wrong last time, I’m still optimistic that a good number of people who say they’ll vote trump again actually won’t do it in the privacy of the booth.

That's why I think the polls are wrong. A lot of people won't publicly admit they're Trump supporters. The race is closer than any of us knows and we shouldn't just hang back safe in the knowledge that Biden will win, until Biden actually has won.

Yep a couple of elections ago the pollers asked people how they were going to vote and they said "Labour", then on polls going in to vote they said "Labour" went in and voted tory and when they came out were asked how they voted and said "Labour".

agree with all of that, with the reservation that Trump ultras hardly seem the shy and retiring types. More likely to be true of lifelong Republicans who arw swallowing the huge reservations they have about Trump, in order to stay loyal to the GOP

To find out if you were making a valid point or just repeating a tired inaccurate cliche.

EDIT: If people are going to criticise polling data fine but let's do it on something with a real basis

To find out if you were making a valid point or just repeating a tired inaccurate cliche.

I remember it happening so I'm assuming that makes it a valid point. So I got the date wrong I'm not sure how that automatically makes it a tired inaccurate cliche.

You were doing so well being polite :( now getting a bit snidey.

It's a tired inaccurate cliche because it's been used as an argument about why polls are "wrong" for 25+ years despite it being a long fixed problem. You're claim that
Yep a couple of elections ago the pollers asked people how they were going to vote and they said "Labour", then on polls going in to vote they said "Labour" went in and voted tory and when they came out were asked how they voted and said "Labour"
is not true and it has not been true for a long time.

It's a tired inaccurate cliche because it's been used as an argument about why polls are "wrong" for 25+ years despite it being a long fixed problem. You're claim that is not true and it has not been true for a long time.
And so why not reply with your information instead of the old ‘oh really when was that then’ aggressive question that wasn’t actually a question. I dont get why you wouldn’t just say no you’re wrong here’s why.

It's a tired inaccurate cliche because it's been used as an argument about why polls are "wrong" for 25+ years despite it being a long fixed problem. You're claim that is not true and it has not been true for a long time.

So the you're saying the pollsters now allow for it, and so presumably it still happens? Which was the point I was making.

You may be right - interested to see where the US pollsters have allowed for this specifically with Trump.

And so why not reply with your information instead of the old ‘oh really when was that then’ aggressive question that wasn’t actually a question.

Thank you :)

I thought it was just me.

Someone without an agenda would have responded something along the lines of "Yes it was true - not really true now in the UK at least because pollsters allow for that effect".

And what does repeating bullshit that has been shown to be wrong time and time again say for an "agenda"?

Where has it been shown to be wrong "time and time again" in the USA with Trump? I'm waiting for the reference I asked for. I just said it happened once, which you agreed with although I got the date wrong.

Nice to see you're getting back into character again :) Is this how the left are supposed to talk to people?

Back
Top Bottom