Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Where has it been shown to be wrong "time and time again" in the USA with Trump? I'm waiting for the reference I asked for. I just said it happened once, which you agreed with although I got the date wrong.
1) Your post did not refer to Trump or the US but the to the shy Tory factor in the UK, which I repeat has long been laid to rest as an issue (including on U75).
2) Nearly all modern polls wherever they are in the world weigh by a wide variety of factors,
3) National polling for the US elections was very good in 2016, and has been good in general for some time. There was little to no evidence of any shy Trump voters in 2016. If people are going to seriously propose that there is a significant body of shy Trump voters in 2020 then fine but let's have some proper evidence.

It's a tired inaccurate cliche because it's been used as an argument about why polls are "wrong" for 25+ years despite it being a long fixed problem. You're claim that is not true and it has not been true for a long time.

I said it happened once in a previous election in the UK. You've admitted it did happen, just I got the date wrong. So my claim is true because it happened,

as you admit.

Why can't you act like a proper urban poster rather than this 'gotcha' shit you do?

1) Your post did not refer to Trump or the US but the to the shy Tory factor in the UK, which I repeat has long been laid to rest as an issue (including on U75).
2) Nearly all modern polls wherever they are in the world weigh by a wide variety of factors,
3) National polling for the US elections was very good in 2016, and has been good in general for some time. There was little to no evidence of any shy Trump voters in 2016. If people are going to seriously propose that there is a significant body of shy Trump voters in 2020 then fine but let's have some proper evidence.
1) I was referring to Yuwupi's post which referred to trump
2) goodoh
3) that was before trump started going. It's not happened 'time and again' for trump because this is only his second election.

Shall we leave it?

I’ve been listening to this podcast:
And now I’m shit scared.
This was broadcast in March last year and some of the things they are talking about that could pave their way to major political instability, even armed conflict, have now since happened.

I get Yuwipi Woman's concern but strikes me might go the other way, people living in deep blue communities where they think their neighbours are all mad for trump might still claim they're going to vote for him then baulk at the ballot box, might be enough it some of the battlegrounds.
I'd say that's also quite likely, especially in a country where people like to illustrate a debating point by waving a gun around.

I think the key point to remember here is that, with the exception of Florida, virtually all the key 'battlegrounds' are in the rustbelt, which is where Trump won it in 2016 (yes, I know Texas and Georgia are - quite incredibly - still in play, but winning thise would simply be a fantastic bonus for team Biden - they're not where the vote will be won and lost)..
It will be won in the bluecollar communities of those states, and that's where trump is in big trouble, simply because he had to deliver, and he really hasn't.
e2a: edited for spelling, clarity etc

Last edited:
I’m sure republicans will be stepping up their suppression efforts. Even in good times they can’t win without this. Might help that Trump has managed to stuff the judiciary with right-wing fundamentalists so legal challenges will often be batted away. Filth.

I’m sure republicans will be stepping up their suppression efforts. Even in good times they can’t win without this. Might help that Trump has managed to stuff the judiciary with right-wing fundamentalists so legal challenges will often be batted away. Filth.
Actually, they might not be.
Reason why: Chief Justice Roberts is very much a constitutionalist who has nsurprisingly sided with the four liberal judges on a fair few occasions now. Also, generally SCOTUS judges absolutely hate being dragged into electoral battles.
Plus, the dems always knew what the republicans game would be. Theer is an absolutely huge efffort out there to counter this.

We may not see Trump for some time because he has a lot of enemies out there. Or so he said at the Whirlpool factory today

I fingf the idea of him going AWOL a rather good one. His conspiraloon supporters , however, seem conviced that he's on the run from the "middle-men", which I think is a euphemism for Jews/lizards.

I’ve been listening to this podcast:
And now I’m shit scared.
This was broadcast in March last year and some of the things they are talking about that could pave their way to major political instability, even armed conflict, have now since happened.

His podcast behind the bastards is fantastic.

I'd say that's also quite likely, especially in a country where people like to illustrate a debating point by waving a gun around.

I think the key point to remember here is that, with the exce3ption of Florida, virtually all the key 'battlegrounds' are in the rustbelt, which is where Trump won it in 2016 (yes, I know Texas and Georgia are - quite incredibly - still in play, but winning thise would simply be a fantastic bonus for team Biden - they're not where the vote will be won and lost)..
It willbe won in the bluecollar comm unities of those states, and that's where trump is in big trouble, simply because he had to deliver, and he really hasn't.

Yep - Trump's margin of victory in 2016 was very thin, if a total of around 80,000 votes spread out across Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin had gone the other way, he would have lost the Electoral College as well as the popular vote. I'm not sure that many Trump voters will have changed their minds, but I think a lot more of them will be disillusioned enough to not bother voting, while many of those who said "they're as bad as each other" in 2016 will have likely concluded that Joe Biden's not quite as bad as Donald Trump.

Trump nailed his colours to the mast very early on in the pandemic, downplaying the dangers and pushing hard for reopening, he was tweeting "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" in mid-April. With more than 1,000 people dying every day, their friends and relatives alone will probably be enough to swing the election if enough of them sour on Trump.

But I'm still going to confidently predict a Trump victory, mostly because I have been wrong in about 90% of my election predictions over the last decade and I don't want to jinx this one.

The impression I get is that Biden is harder than Clinton to caricature as evil personified, although time may tell in that regard.

if you have quite a bland politician it’s generally harder for people to get enraged, they don’t go out of their way to push people’s buttons.

Parallels with John Major perhaps, who calmly got on with a whole load of dodgy stuff (CJB, rail privatisation etc.) while everyone mocked his grey caricature, boring voice & cones hotline. Watch out for the quiet ones.

Back
Top Bottom