Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

I thought he took it off to clean it.

having said that I'm the least likely person to criticize the state of someone's head :eek:

He might be just looking at the poll numbers and deciding to use his last few months in office to deal with the things that personally annoy him while he has the chance - in the weeks to come, we can probably expect his administration to unveil tough new measures to deal with overly chatty chauffeurs, the "Stop Making the Lids on Pickle Jars So Tight Act," and a nationwide task force on simplifying TV remote controls.

He might be just looking at the poll numbers and deciding to use his last few months in office to deal with the things that personally annoy him while he has the chance - in the weeks to come, we can probably expect his administration to unveil tough new measures to deal with overly chatty chauffeurs, the "Stop Making the Lids on Pickle Jars So Tight Act," and a nationwide task force on simplifying TV remote controls.
Do you think Trump has EVER had to remove a lid from a pickle jar by himself? :eek: #checkyourprivilege

Do you think Trump has EVER had to remove a lid from a pickle jar by himself? :eek: #checkyourprivilege
Doesn't necessarily stop him waking up in the morning feeling dirty. Just how dirty you can probably speculate from the proposed increase in water pressure.

Got a pressure washer knocking around in the garage if he wanted to borrow it to save time and paperwork. He is right though, shit showers are annoying

36QTV.png

:D

He kept the receipt in case it wasn't.

If electoral reform is ever on the cards in the US, then one thing I think American voters should absolutely insist upon as a matter of principle, is the complete abolition of voting machines and electronic voting, in favour of paper ballots only. I am continually astonished that anyone anywhere thinks that using electronic machines built by companies that donate to political parties is a good idea.

In terms of voting reforms, they need to dump that electoral college.
And have separate ballot papers ...

I'm also suspicious of "voting machines" - anything connected to t'interweb is hackable, eventually, even if the operating system does not have some means of "adjustment" like a built in "back door" or three.

In terms of voting reforms, they need to dump that electoral college.
And have separate ballot papers ...

I'm also suspicious of "voting machines" - anything connected to t'interweb is hackable, eventually, even if the operating system does not have some means of "adjustment" like a built in "back door" or three.
I think they also need a non-partisan federal elections commission, staffed by impartisal casreer civil servants, and for both parties to agree NO political appointees to it.They would then take care of everything from boundaries, to monitoring electoral rolls, to supervising operation of polling stations, all so as to ensdure that eveyone who is eligibled to vote, and who wants to, can vote.
The amount of dodgy practices that occur in the current set-up is simply mind-boggling

This talk of him potentially pardoning Snowden is actually quite a shrewd move if he does it. Utterly, shamelessly for no other reason than to further his reelection and most likely/definitely on the advice of some campaign bod but still very shrewd.

Does this count as Not Stupid Shit?

This talk of him potentially pardoning Snowden is actually quite a shrewd move if he does it. Utterly, shamelessly for no other reason than to further his reelection and most likely/definitely on the advice of some campaign bod but still very shrewd.

Does this count as Not Stupid Shit?
If he does it, it will be just about the first really smart thing he's done as president.

Are there not a lot of Americans who either think Snowden is a traitor or else don't really give a shit? I don't really know, that's just what I would have thought.

Are there not a lot of Americans who either think Snowden is a traitor or else don't really give a shit? I don't really know, that's just what I would have thought.
My understanding is that divides the country, quite a lot. Some people cetainly regard him as a traitor, however, just as many get the difference between a whistlerblower and aspy, and just as many again were horrified by the '5 eyes'/NSA revelations

My understanding is that divides the country, quite a lot. Some people cetainly regard him as a traitor, however, just as many get the difference between a whistlerblower and aspy, and just as many again were horrified by the '5 eyes'/NSA revelations
But in terms of a smart play by Trump, not really very clear?

I think he's trying to hook in - or possibly win back - all the libertarian, anti-deep state, anti big state types, so in that sense it'as smart. Plus, all those who really believe Snowden is a traitor are never gonna vote for Biden anyway, so there's not much downside. So in that snse I think it's quite smart.
However, in tedrms of how electorally rewarding it would be, god only knows, too many variables. So in that sense, you're right - not clear at all

Well Trump did promise 2020 would be "the greatest fraud in the history of elections"
All to the same end, hoping to convince as many people as possible to not bother voting. He knows that's his & the republican party's best chance. It is terrifying that he can openly say without dissembling that he would quite like the national postal service to collapse within the coming weeks, because that might help him. And on it goes and i still get shocked.

I know consistency isn't exactly Trump's strong point, but pardoning somebody whose execution he called for repeatedly would be quite the flip-flop even for him - there must be at least some supporters who still agree with his earlier stance and wouldn't be happy with a pardon, while I'm not sure if there's that many pro-Snowden floating voters who would switch to Trump over the issue.

trumpsnowden.png

Back
Top Bottom