Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Although, there have been situations where various boundary changes - and other policies / activities at a more local level - in the UK appear to have disadvantaged the less right wing parties (my late father told me about some in the Leeds area, many decades ago, from his late teenage/early twenties years).
The process has been termed "Gerrymandering" ...
Gerrymandering - Wikipedia - contains a worldwide list of examples.
absolutely, and Northern Ireland was notorious for all sorts of really dodgy electoral practices, during the original stormont period of 1921-73. Also, the coalition tried a fairly dodgy stunt under Cameron

yep, absolutely outrageous, one of the (many) reasons why they eventually had to shut Stormont down. Home rule NI was a disgrac to democracy and good governance
to be honest, direct rule ni wasn't really an improvement in terms of democracy and good governance, it's not like rule from whitehall removed the anti-democratic basis of the six-county statelet

He said: "You know what that is? That's right. That's God testing me.

He said, You know, you did it once.

And I said, 'Did I do a great job, God? I'm the only one who could do it.' He said that you shouldn't say. Now we're going to have you do it again.

I said, 'OK. I agree. You got me.' But I did it once. And now I'm doing it again. And you see the kind of numbers that we're putting up. They're unbelievable. Best job numbers ever. Three months, more jobs in the last three months than ever before."

So, we're likely to be back in a hanging chads scenario, with multiple state level challenges to the result in November (from trump if he loses, but Biden similarly)? This time centred on postal votes rather than erm... chads.

So, we're likely to be back in a hanging chads scenario, with multiple state level challenges to the result in November (from trump if he loses, but Biden similarly)? This time centred on postal votes rather than erm... chads.

Hopefully won't be that close - the three Rust Belt states that narrowly swung it for Trump last time, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, all have Democratic governors and sizable pro-Biden majorities in the polls, I think Trump will most definitely challenge the election results, but possibly as a face-saving move in states like Arizona.

If it does end up in court, maybe the judges will note that the claimant has a history of alleging election fraud with no proof, and also claimed that had been massive voter fraud following a pre-pandemic election that he won.

Last edited:
Or maybe the judges will note/remember that they were appointed by the claimant because of their political inclinations.

How Trump compares with other recent presidents in appointing federal judges
possibly - but judhes can be cussedly contrary - witness how pissed off Republicans are with John Roberts.
also, they tend to be very strict, pedantic constiturionalists, and they tend to be adverse to the courts being 'dragged into politics' to change election results. This worled against Gore in 2000, but if Trump loses and goes to the courts for review, it may work against him for the same reason

According to Juan Williams, Michelle Obama “outperformed” her famous “when they go low, we go high” speech from the 2016 convention.

“I heard it like a son,” he said. “I thought she spoke like a mother, like a stern mother, like a tiger mom saying to you, this is important.
This is something that is important to our family.
This is who we are in this family.
This is our identity.
We have empathy.
We understand compassion.”

“I am surprised at how penetrating I felt it to be,” Williams continued. “I really thought there was a great speech.”

Back
Top Bottom