Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Unlike with Bolton he can't possibly claim it contains classified information. I heard it's because she signed an NDA about family matters years ago.

Even fox has confirmed it

The press secretary has not denied the existence of the "alleged "Intel... Just that Trump and Pence was never briefed.....whoa.....as if
So now that they "know" .....what ...play golf ?

Didn't trump recently offer a tea and biscuits with the Taliban at camp David .?
It fell down over the Taliban demanding Yorkshire tea and borders chocolate ginger biscuits while trump was only prepared to offer typhoo and some digestives

Seen (heard) the news about remdesivir ???

Far from using the drug orange-man was touting, the good ol'USA has bought up almost all the world's supply for the next three months.
I know they are going to need it, but that doesn't help the rest of the world. Who also need it, at the same time.

Somehow, Gilead has found itself between the devil and a hard place ...

;04
Surprised that's not being discussed. Unless there's a thread here that I've missed...
It was on the radio this morning and a short bit in the BBC news updates (at 08:04 I think), but otherwise I can't find anything atm for a link / headline.

;04
It was on the radio this morning and a short bit in the BBC news updates (at 08:04 I think), but otherwise I can't find anything atm for a link / headline.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear - I was referring to there (not) being a thread here on Urban.

Seen (heard) the news about remdesivir ???

Far from using the drug orange-man was touting, the good ol'USA has bought up almost all the world's supply for the next three months.

There has been heaps of horse-trading between different companies right from the beginning of research.

It wouldn't surprise me if all that taxpayers' money given to AZ by our Government (with seemingly no strings attached, not even data sharing), came with some under-the-table assumptions on who gets first dibs in the case of a successful drug.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear - I was referring to there (not) being a thread here on Urban.
That's OK, I wasn't objecting to your comment about there not being a thread, but I was looking for the info in order to supply the link, perhaps to stimulate a discussion ...

Expert on the news earlier said that in fact there is a much cheaper steroid that is widely available and actually more effective in treating coronavirus than Remdesivir. Dosage is £5/patient vs over £1000 for Remdesivir so it looks like they've fuck themselves not the rest of the world. Trump proves his superior business skills yet again.

(I missed the name of the alternative drug but from an internet search I assume it is Dexamethasone)

Expert on the news earlier said that in fact there is a much cheaper steroid that is widely available and actually more effective in treating coronavirus than Remdesivir. Dosage is £5/patient vs over £1000 for Remdesivir so it looks like they've fuck themselves not the rest of the world. Trump proves his superior business skills yet again.

(I missed the name of the alternative drug but from an internet search I assume it is Dexamethasone)

Remdesivir is not a steroid, it’s an antiviral - ie it’s mode of action is (presumably) on the virus itself; D-meth is an anti-immune inflammation steroid, works by preventing the immune reaction becoming too destructive. In theory you’d want both of these types of therapy.

It’s worth noting that the improvement in outcomes from Remdesivir is not all that stellar - from the last studies I read it shortens the course of the disease, but has little actual effect on mortality rates (I may be wrong or out of date here - please correct me someone if I am). The steroid treatment actually reduces mortality significantly.

Remdesivir is not a steroid, it’s an antiviral - ie it’s mode of action is (presumably) on the virus itself; D-meth is an anti-immune inflammation steroid, works by preventing the immune reaction becoming too destructive. In theory you’d want both of these types of therapy.

It’s worth noting that the improvement in outcomes from Remdesivir is not all that stellar - from the last studies I read it shortens the course of the disease, but has little actual effect on mortality rates (I may be wrong or out of date here - please correct me someone if I am). The steroid treatment actually reduces mortality significantly.
Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that Remdesivir was a steroid, it's the other drug that is. Should have been clearer.

Remdesivir: cheap at half the price...

From what I understand of the US drug pricing system, "half the price" doesn't adequately explain the ratio between US and other countries' pharmaceutical prices. It's just anoth scam on top of a scam in a country which seems to be built on, and operated for the benefit of, scams. Trump the chancer thus being the perfect figurehead for such an institution.

Back
Top Bottom