Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Ah, but of course :rolleyes:

Is Cuomo lying? Is the CEO lying?

I’m not making any accusations of who specifically may be stealing massive volumes of face masks - but if they are indeed ‘going out the back door’ then I hope whoever is involved gets nabbed as profiteering via theft with equipment meant for vital medical staff is unconscionable.
Neither was Trump. Funny how we all know exactly who he was (and you are) not accusing, though, isn't it?

From bbc news:

"This is going to be a very, very painful two weeks."

How painful? When the president was asked how many Americans are currently projected to die from the virus given even the current mitigation efforts, he said it was better if his medical experts responded.
Actually saying it's better someone else responds - that is extraordinary from Trump. Still, I suspect it is less deference to expertise than 'Let someone else give the bad news' but he's actually recognising there'sbad news.

Why is it two weeks again?

How long do you think it takes to make jam?

Real answer, US currently has more 'serious cases' than it has dead. Give a couple more days before saying anything relating to rate of growth
newplot.png

Last edited:
Don't forget, the longer the shut down, he personally loses more money, but it hurts the stock market, which has always been his selling point for votes.
I have a feeling Easter is normally a good week for him, money wise.

The President’s deluded and entirely clueless son in law has been put in a position to make life or death policy decisions about the pandemic.

He came across very well at the WH presser yesterday.

And bear in mind that the NYT is largely anti Trump propaganda - highly unbalanced reporting when it comes to Trump and his office.

He came across very well at the WH presser yesterday.

And bear in mind that the NYT is largely anti Trump propaganda - highly unbalanced reporting when it comes to Trump and his office.

That's actually crap. I often check NYT site and for the most part they avoid criticizing Trump. None of the (accurate) British headlines like "in a bizarre and disconnected rant, Trump ...". They do occasionally point out his worst excesses - which is what marty of course means by "anti Trump propaganda - highly unbalanced reporting". :D

From Thursday's installment of the clown show:

"in recent weeks, as the virus has spread and economic hardship has followed, we have seen Americans unite with incredible selflessness and compassion. I want to remind everyone here in our nation’s capital, especially in Congress, that this is not the time for politics, endless partisan investigations. Here we go again. I’ve already done extraordinary damage to our country in recent years. You see what happens. It’s a witch hunt after witch hunt after witch hunt and in the end the people doing the witch hunt have been losing and they’ve been losing by a lot, and it’s not any time for witch hunts, it’s time to get this enemy defeated."

"Well, they have experts and frankly long after we came out and talked about it… Look, how would I have known to cut off China? I cut off China very early and if I didn’t, we would have a chart that you wouldn’t believe. So how would I know to do that? How would I know to cut off Europe? I cut off Europe very early. You have to make a decision. People knew that some bad things were going on and they got off to a late start and some others got off to a late start also, but we cut off China. If we didn’t cut off China, we would have been in some big trouble and we cut it off and you know what? We cut it off way early."

"Well, we’re looking at a lot of things and a lot of different bans. We have more bans than anybody. We had bans when bans weren’t fashionable, if you remember right at the beginning of this administration was for different reasons. But we’ve had bans long before people thought of bans. When I did China, it had never been done before. I was the first one to do to remember that it had never, according to what I read it all the papers, this had never been done. This is a terrible thing to do. And four weeks later they were all saying, we’re lucky we did it. So we’re looking at it. No, we heard that. And I think it’s fine that they do that. "

"It’s so contagious. It’s like if you sneeze, I probably get it. Whoever heard of a thing like that? And this very talented reporter is bailing out. He’s out of here. I don’t blame you, but it’s a very contagious thing, probably the likes of which we’ve never seen in terms of that. But 1917, so that’s over a hundred years ago. But it’s been written about many, many times. That was a horrible … whether it was 75 or 100 million people, I’ve heard from 50 to 75 I’ve heard 75 to 100, but it was tens of millions of people."

I don't know how the fuck anybody physically present can sit through a Trump press conference without completely losing it and trying to stop the flow of words by any means available. :D

Stop calling it a "presser" for fucksake! What are you, 12 or something?

:mad:

Yeah, it’s kind of stuck since this:

"in recent weeks, as the virus has spread and economic hardship has followed, we have seen Americans unite with incredible selflessness and compassion. I want to remind everyone here in our nation’s capital, especially in Congress, that this is not the time for politics, endless partisan investigations. Here we go again. I’ve already done extraordinary damage to our country in recent years. You see what happens. It’s a witch hunt after witch hunt after witch hunt and in the end the people doing the witch hunt have been losing and they’ve been losing by a lot, and it’s not any time for witch hunts, it’s time to get this enemy defeated."

"Well, they have experts and frankly long after we came out and talked about it… Look, how would I have known to cut off China? I cut off China very early and if I didn’t, we would have a chart that you wouldn’t believe. So how would I know to do that? How would I know to cut off Europe? I cut off Europe very early. You have to make a decision. People knew that some bad things were going on and they got off to a late start and some others got off to a late start also, but we cut off China. If we didn’t cut off China, we would have been in some big trouble and we cut it off and you know what? We cut it off way early."

"Well, we’re looking at a lot of things and a lot of different bans. We have more bans than anybody. We had bans when bans weren’t fashionable, if you remember right at the beginning of this administration was for different reasons. But we’ve had bans long before people thought of bans. When I did China, it had never been done before. I was the first one to do to remember that it had never, according to what I read it all the papers, this had never been done. This is a terrible thing to do. And four weeks later they were all saying, we’re lucky we did it. So we’re looking at it. No, we heard that. And I think it’s fine that they do that. "

"It’s so contagious. It’s like if you sneeze, I probably get it. Whoever heard of a thing like that? And this very talented reporter is bailing out. He’s out of here. I don’t blame you, but it’s a very contagious thing, probably the likes of which we’ve never seen in terms of that. But 1917, so that’s over a hundred years ago. But it’s been written about many, many times. That was a horrible … whether it was 75 or 100 million people, I’ve heard from 50 to 75 I’ve heard 75 to 100, but it was tens of millions of people."

I don't know how the fuck anybody physically present can sit through a Trump press conference without completely losing it and trying to stop the flow of words by any means available. :D
Do you transcribe these yourself? It is a sort of work of art to see it laid bare like that.

At least Trump offers some entertainment :D

Biden on the other hand :eek:

Have you watched any of his segments from his home basement he’s doing on the liberal cable channels? That poor man should be in a retirement home where he can get some serious nap time for Gramps - he can barely hold a thought never mind a sentence.

Back
Top Bottom