Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

tin foil hat time ...maybe the the US deep state dro
""Manhattan D.A. Subpoena's 8 Years of Trump Tax Returns. ‘it may be more difficult to fend off a subpoena in a criminal investigation with a sitting grand jury’""
8 Years of Trump Tax Returns Are Subpoenaed by Manhattan D.A.

hehe
It's quite excellent news

New York state prosecutors in Manhattan have subpoenaed eight years of Donald Trump's personal and corporate tax returns, according to a new report from the New York Times.

The subpoena was issued late last month, after investigators opened up a criminal inquiry into the role that Mr Trump and his family had in making hush payments in the run up to the 2016 election.

The effort to compel Mr Trump's accountants to hand over those documents marks the latest effort to obtain the president's financial information, which he promised to disclose during his presidential campaign, but has not yet done.

Since Mr Trump's election, it has been discovered that Mr Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, was reimbursed after making payments to adult film actress Stormy Daniels, who alleged she had sex with Mr Trump over a decade ago shortly after first lady Melania Trump gave birth to their child Barron. Mr Trump has denied the affair.

Cohen pleaded guilty last year to breaking campaign finance laws for his involvement in that payment, and is serving a three year prison term.
Trump's personal and corporate tax returns subpoenaed

We all but know Trump worked with Russia to rig the last election, now we know for sure, with an admission of guilt on live TV from his idiot lawyer, Trump is trying to fix the next one with help from another foreign power.
Surely even Trump can't escape this one by blaming everyone else because the transcript of the call will place guilt exactly where it should be.

However, this is bent Trump so I won't hold my breath.

He wants that Nobel prize so much, he can taste it.

Donald Trump at UN: President said he deserves Nobel Peace Prize

President Donald Trump said Monday he believes he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for "many things" but carped that the award isn't handed out fairly.

"I think I'm going to get a Nobel Prize for a lot of things, if they gave it out fairly, which they don't," Trump told reporters during a meeting with Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan at the United Nations.

Trump then argued that his predecessor, President Barack Obama, should not have received the award in 2009.

"They gave one to Obama," Trump said, claiming that the Democrat had "no idea" why he had received it. "That was the only thing I agreed with him on."
In its 2009 citation, the Nobel committee said Obama was selected "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

She gives me hope but also makes me sad. I want a future for her generation.

Second grandchild is on his/her way - I want a future them, as well.

I remember being a teen when I confronted my parents about their generation messing up the world.
Dad told me, yes, it is a mess. Soon, your generation will be in power and then we, our generation, will be able to clean up the mess.

Instead, I think our generation is making a bigger mess than my parents.

Here is hoping that Greta and the rest of her generation will be able to clean it up.
But, I think it may be too late by now.

:(

Second grandchild is on his/her way - I want a future them, as well.

I remember being a teen when I confronted my parents about their generation messing up the world.
Dad told me, yes, it is a mess. Soon, your generation will be in power and then we, our generation, will be able to clean up the mess.

Instead, I think our generation is making a bigger mess than my parents.

Here is hoping that Greta and the rest of her generation will be able to clean it up.
But, I think it may be too late by now.

:(
The cynicism in the leadership of our world might pull the temple down on our heads (including theirs). I suppose they think they’ll be insulated from the consequences. But what do you pay your close protection unit when money becomes meaningless?

But what do you pay your close protection unit when money becomes meaningless?

I'm really not sure that I understand what you mean.

If it meant will I do when money becomes meaningless, then my answer would be that we own land.

Hubby has always claimed that having money, gold, jewelry means nothing if you don't have food. So we bought land. And our two home-owning children also bought their house with land.

Apologies if this is not what you mean.

I'm really not sure that I understand what you mean.

If it meant will I do when money becomes meaningless, then my answer would be that we own land.

Hubby has always claimed that having money, gold, jewelry means nothing if you don't have food. So we bought land. And our two home-owning children also bought their house with land.

Apologies if this is not what you mean.
Well when climate change really kicks in i suspect the rich will end up in enclaves on high ground with walls. It'll be like feudalism again. So what do you pay the guards at the gates?
ETA: I think Trumps wall is related to this because it'll be around the equator where it'll really start.

Also - I’m sure I read somewhere the other day that Trump media coverage is 92% negative.

How on earth can that be objective reporting?.

maybe it is because he only does positive things 8% of the time.

Just to let you know, there is a thread about the good things Trump does.
It is a long way down on the list of threads.
It does not get updated very often.

I look forward to you adding to it.

maybe it is because he only does positive things 8% of the time.

Just to let you know, there is a thread about the good things Trump does.
It is a long way down on the list of threads.
It does not get updated very often.

I look forward to you adding to it.

I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not a Trump lover nor hater.

The cynicism in the leadership of our world might pull the temple down on our heads (including theirs). I suppose they think they’ll be insulated from the consequences. But what do you pay your close protection unit when money becomes meaningless?

I've been known to frequent gun shows and survivalist conventions. I've been to lectures where they think they have an answer for this. The answer is they plan to "offer protection" to anyone who will join under their rule. I listened to one guy who claimed to be a former spook* and his plan was to set aside food, supplies, guns and ammo in a bunker. He figured he could order a man to go out on a suicide mission as long as he promised to take care of his wife and children and keep them safe from the zombies (that's what they call desperate people looking for food). He said that his plan is to found his own country, and when he's old, people would revere him as a founding father. He could offer "leadership." In other words ... feudalism.

He spoke of this plan with an almost sexual energy. He spoke at length about how women have to learn their place again. They're going to have to resign themselves to providing sexual favors and fealty (the exact word he used) in exchange for safety. There'd be no abortion and there'd be lots of kids running with his likeness. Some of these idiots are looking forward to everything collapsing. Walking Dead isn't a bit of improbable fiction--its a game plan.

TBH, he'd be the first I'd put a bullet into--just for the general welfare.

* I tend not to believe these claims. I've seen them too often to believe.

Last edited:
I've been known to frequent gun shows and survivalist conventions. I've been to lectures where they think they have an answer for this. The answer is they plan to "offer protection" to anyone who will join under their rule. I listened to one guy who claimed to be a former spook* and his plan was to set aside food, supplies, guns and ammo in a bunker. He figured he could order a man to go out on a suicide mission as long as he promised to take care of his wife and children and keep them safe from the zombies (that's what they call desperate people looking for food). He said that his plan is to found his own country and when he's old, people would revere him as a founding father. He could offer "leadership." In other words ... feudalism.

He spoke of this plan with an almost sexual energy. He spoke at length about how women have to learn their place again. They're going to have to resign themselves to providing sexual favors and fealty (the exact word he used) in exchange for safety. There'd be no abortion and there'd be lots of kids running with his likeness. Some of these idiots are looking forward to everything collapsing. Walking Dead isn't a bit of improbable fiction--its a game plan.

I've been known to frequent gun shows and survivalist conventions. I've been to lectures where they think they have an answer for this. The answer is they plan to "offer protection" to anyone who will join under their rule. I listened to one guy who claimed to be a former spook* and his plan was to set aside food, supplies, guns and ammo in a bunker. He figured he could order a man to go out on a suicide mission as long as he promised to take care of his wife and children and keep them safe from the zombies (that's what they call desperate people looking for food). He said that his plan is to found his own country, and when he's old, people would revere him as a founding father. He could offer "leadership." In other words ... feudalism.

I have sometimes enjoyed the Walking Dead, but enjoying it, (as with most of the Marvel franchise and other current cultural iconography incidentally) requires averting attention from the (sometimes blatant) fascistic sub-text. The cultivation of “sneaking respect” given for the “evil” characters is part of this, as is the “hardening” of the main “likeable” characters, where we are meant to draw the conclusion that exclusivity and brutality are key to survival in the new world (and by extension, our world, as it slips towards catastrophe). This phenomena is similar to the subtext of most cop shows where the heroes and heroines are those prepared to break the rules and act as illegally or immorally as the criminals they are fighting. Fox (and most of its competitors, though often less blatantly) is a propaganda organisation in all its manifestations, not just in news and current affairs.

Back
Top Bottom