Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What new foods have you tried recently?

Lidl have frozen versions of these in at the moment. I suspect this version isn't as delicious as the fresh equivalent eaten in Spain! Need to try them fresh

I love these! The bacalao potato things are really nice too.

Reactions: Chz
Oak smoked chicken breast. Nice, but I don't think I'd buy it again as it was quite expensive for 100g pack.

But at least it wasn't greasy like the duck.

Oak smoked duck breast. Quite nice, but as usual with duck very greasy.

Oak smoked chicken breast. Nice, but I don't think I'd buy it again as it was quite expensive for 100g pack.

But at least it wasn't greasy like the duck.

Are you buying remaindered stock from a shop in a log cabin that caught on fire? :hmm:

I had morel mushrooms for the first time recently. I was underwhelmed, and I absolutely love mushrooms.

Perhaps I didn't cook them well or something.

Not new food as I eat tons of this already but I am having more often with cheese in place of pickle. You would never have the same quantity as a pickle as your face will melt but just a smear and you get that lovely pickley tang with smoke...then heat 😍
Try it!
518511011_0_640x640.jpg
This is old too but dipping raw carrots in it
B6897FDB-470F-43F5-8426-E57437E00980.gif

A selection of Samayang Hot Chicken Buldak noodles:
IMG_3867.jpeg
I’ve only had one kind so far.
I went with the mildest sounding first, the ‘Carbonara’. Still rather hot, mind.
Feeling a bit intimidated by the rest of the pack, which includes one each of Quattro Cheese, Rosé, Yakisoba, 2X Spicy and a five pack of standard Buldak Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen. 🌶️🌶️🌶️🥵

Last edited:
A selection of Samayang Hot Chicken Buldak noodles:
View attachment 435195
I’ve only had one kind so far.
I went with the mildest sounding first, the ‘Carbonara’. Still rather hot, mind.
Feeling a bit intimidated by the rest of the pack, which includes one each of Quattro Cheese, Rosé, Yakisoba, 2X Spicy and a five pack of standard Buldak Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen. 🌶️🌶️🌶️🥵
In my youth, I'd have probably eaten the lot. Nowadays I find the regular Buldak "uncomfortable" and the ones past that inedible. Yakisoba sounds like it might not be too bad...

A spam fritter. Never actually thought to order one, but a lady in the chipshop was talking about how much she liked them, so added one to my order.

It was alight, but I also had a large fish so the dog ended up finishing it.

A bottle of mango Tango. Chosen as it was the coldest bottle in the fridge.

It went so fast I didn't taste it

Cultured Butter

It's a sort of delicious super-buttery butter. I use as a spread on toast, etc. I don't know if it makes a difference when used as a cooking ingredient
622191011_0_640x640.jpg

(From Wikipedia: "Before modern factory butter making, cream was usually collected from several milkings and was therefore several days old and somewhat fermented by the time it was made into butter. Butter made in this traditional way (from a fermented cream) is known as cultured butter. During fermentation, the cream naturally sours as bacteria convert milk sugars into lactic acid. The fermentation process produces additional aroma compounds, including diacetyl, which makes for a fuller-flavored and more "buttery" tasting product.")

Back
Top Bottom