Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What new foods have you tried recently?

Preparing tofu right means adding something with actual flavour.

As for cultured butter, I'm dubious. It's bad enough eating extra mature cheddar, unable to rid myself of the feeling that it's judging me as being rather childish. I don't want a spread regarding me as a philistine.

Preparing tofu right means adding something with actual flavour.

As for cultured butter, I'm dubious. It's bad enough eating extra mature cheddar, unable to rid myself of the feeling that it's judging me as being rather childish. I don't want a spread regarding me as a philistine.
Loads of food are carriers for flavour that comes from elsewhere, so discounting food on that basis would result in no bread, no pasta, no potatoes etc

That's a shame. It can be delicious if prepared right.
Honestly, I cannot believe that it could EVER be 'delicious'. I'm a good cook, I love nice food. This is fucking disgusting stuff, and perhaps a marmite type of food cos some people do seem to love it.

I only tried it to widen my sources of protein, but I think I'll stick with my many bean varieties, paneer and fungi. And seeds.

Whole cacao nibs. (fermented/roasted, so they were dark brown in colour). Exactly halfway between a brazil nut and a roasted coffee bean - bitter, fatty, nutty tasting, but not even a hint of cocoa-y taste. Big disappoint.

Whole cacao nibs. (fermented/roasted, so they were dark brown in colour). Exactly halfway between a brazil nut and a roasted coffee bean - bitter, fatty, nutty tasting, but not even a hint of cocoa-y taste. Big disappoint.
if you have a bunch left try adding a bit to smoothies they add "something"

You cant be preparing it right and/or wrong type of tofu.
Seriuosly, there are so many different things you can chuck tofo into, like curry, Chinese Etc.
Some people just don't like it though.
I don't like it.
There is often a bit of a "but it's lovely, you must be doing it wrong" pushback when people say they don't like tofu, that there isn't when people don't like other types of food.
I don't like apricots, no-one has ever tried to convince me that I'm doing it wrong about those.

I have seen jars of lemon curd, which are pleasing to the eye. I don't remember ever eating it. I certainly have no idea how one is supposed to consume the thing.

Haven’t tried it yet, but I am about to devise the most sinful of all non-alcoholic drinks/treats - hot chocolate with salted caramel ice cream - a sort of sacrilegious and even more unhealthy version of an affrogato, but with hot choc instead of coffee

Back
Top Bottom