Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What animals/wildlife have you seen today?

Yesterday, up on the moors north of Weardale we saw red and black grouse, possibly some partridge.

At home this morning, I saw a goldcrest - so tiny yet that gold stripe on the head really pops out at you.
Also, we have acquired more pheasants [male & female] as it would seem the house martins have migrated.

I could hear what I think was a fox yipping earlier.

My neighbours constantly feed squirrels with monkey nuts. The pigeons eats the dropped bits. Now parakeets have shown up, told their mates and all I can hear is squawking.

The robin's been in three or four times. Also seen eight swans (seven juvenile and one adult), a great crested grebe, two herons, two pink-footed geese, and many coots and Canada geese on a walk around the lake, plus plenty of wren action in the garden.

Brilliant!
Coots are all over the place on the canals and rivers near here, but they're still one of my favourite birds - they sound like those squeaky dog toys and their feet are just brilliant :D
Fighty little shits too, love them :D

On Tuesday we saw a couple of bats while out walking,, so clearly.
It was dusk but quite misty. We were by the rugby club who had the pitch lights on and it created a really flat kind of light with the mist. It made it really easy to see the bats.
They were constantly in view. I’ve never seen them like this. Normally they just flit in and out of view. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom