Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

We WILL win the Eurovision this year - Engelbert Humperdinck will see to that

So Humperdumperdick joins Scooh,Gemini etc in the Eurovision hall of shame then :(,how did Fuckwad....I mean Jedwad do?
Nooo, Humperdink was nowhere near as poor as Gemini (and holy fuck, Scootch have just appeared on TOTP2 - what in God's name?!). Jedward came 19th with 46 points.

That Swedish song was rubbish. I only heard it after she sang it after winning. I saw it on the pub tv. I only came in as the scoring was going on. The only other song I have heard is ours. I'm glad we didn't win. Putting on the competition would cost more than we could afford.

would have been hilarious if Spain or Greece had won

Just had a peek at the Eurovision Forum on DigitalSpy,fuck me some people take it waaaayyyyy too seriously :eek: :D

Out of interest, how come Sweden were allowed to perform a song that has already been released as a single and been Number 1 in five countries? Surely all the tracks (if they need to be) should be made available for release *after* the show. Otherwise we might as well just enter "Shine" by Take That every year.

Srs qstn btw

Out of interest, how come Sweden were allowed to perform a song that has already been released as a single and been Number 1 in five countries? Surely all the tracks (if they need to be) should be made available for release *after* the show. Otherwise we might as well just enter "Shine" by Take That every year.

Srs qstn btw
i just googled - your countries song has to be new, or not have been released before September last year. You can't do covers either. Or use samples.

Which means ireland can enter My Lovely Horse

Srs qstn btw
i just googled - your countries song has to be new, or not have been released before September last year. You can't do covers either. Or use samples.

Yeah, it's pretty standard to release a song before actually appearing at Eurovision, often to generate awareness and get people into it (on a big PR tour of Europe, obviously), with the hope of converting that popularity into votes on the night.

Stockholm, one of the most beautiful capitals in the world, is built on 14 islands connected by 57 bridges. The beautiful buildings, the greenery, the fresh air and the proximity to the water are distinctive traits of this city. The Royal National City Park, (the first National City Park in the world), is a green space that breathes for the city, and a constant presence in the crush of the city.

With its 750 year history and rich cultural life, Stockholm offers a wide selection of world-class museums and attractions. Most of the city's attractions can be reached on foot, and there’s a good chance of experiencing a lot of things in a short time. Experience big-city life, the history of civilization and natural scenery, all in the course of the same day.
Interesting. Veeeery interesting...

I thought that was a bit harsh. Engelbert's song and performance was much better than a lot of the other blandness. Quite surprised the Russians didn't win though. I can't even remember what the Swedish song was.

Save up though - its upwards of £6 a pint.

On the upside you can also get a short ferry journey over to Copenhagen in Denmark - 2 countries for the price of 1 :cool:

you know what.. if that actually happened (performed by podge and rodge) I would host a big fuck off eurovision party AND provide free beer

On the upside you can also get a short ferry journey over to Copenhagen in Denmark - 2 countries for the price of 1 :cool:
Yeah, my mate mentioned how expensive it is. Luckily, I'm not much of a drinker, which also means I'm generally a mighty lightweight, and thus quite a cheap date :cool:

By fuck can the Swedes drink though :eek: They certainly gave the Brits a challenge at my mate's wedding :D

Would be nice to pop over to Denmark, if I got the chance.

I've seen a place fairly close to the city centre where it was only 29 kronor for a beer - a 0.4 litre. That's about as super-cheap as it gets.

As for hopping to Denmark, that's only possible if the contest is held in Malmö. If it's in Stockholm - look at a map. It's a shorter distance from Aberdeen to London than from Copenhagen to Stockholm.

I like this one :D
Ukraine loves us! Remember this
Yay for Ukraine
Oh now this is very entertaining - costumes, dancing, lyrics, I am glad I tuned in now.
This is my favourite. Ukraine to win.
Ukraine was the big favourite in our house too - I declare Ukraine the u75 winner!
France entry is a bloke.
She is huuuugggee in Indonesia (my excited indonesian friend tells me) - a brilliant singer by all accounts, more accustomed to ballads.

first bonkers song ofthe evening
I really recommend watching the semis next year - unfortunately all the bonkers songs get filtered out at these stages - and thats the best reason to watch it...

My top 3 bonkers songs which didnt make the final were

1. Georgia - (check the lyrics - gets more ridiculous as it goes)

2. Monetenegro (actually like this one a lot)

3. Israel (even they couldnt keep a straight face 1.30)

I did watch the semis but I think it spoilt the fun of hearing/seeing the songs for the first time in the final.
Next year I'll just watch the ones that got knocked out & people are saying are particularly awful on Youtube.

I did watch the semis but I think it spoilt the fun of hearing/seeing the songs for the first time in the final.
Next year I'll just watch the ones that got knocked out & people are saying are particularly awful on Youtube.
yeah, its true, it does spoil the big night a little - the scary thing with watching both semis and the final is by the time of a second hearing at the finals on even shit songs you're initial impression of What a Load of Shite turns into, Mmm Not bad Might win this! :D

See yet another thread can't go by without a dig at someone's gender, whether they are or are not even known to be trans. Does it make people feel better doing this? Some need to assert someone else's gender as being less valid?
Definitely slack from Madzone. Unfortunately comments about asian men/women being lady boys/dvd sellers/massueres-come-prostitutes are so common i've started filtering it out.

On a positive note there seems to be slightly more ethnic diversity creeping into eurovision (still very few black people involved, and the Ukraine MPs racist comments show what's under the surface), less blonde hair for the women, and more songs sung in their native language.

From what i can see northern african and many middle eastern countries could take part in eurovision (would like to see a definitive list - i get the feeling its a fudge) - would be great for the competition - in fact, time to bin eurovision and make it global!

Errrr.....hang on a cotton picking minute. I wasn't making any other comment than that the French contestant looked like a bloke. No judgement applied, just stating a fact. This shit verges on censorship.I'm very sorry for your difficulties Steph and no doubt you have suffered prejudice and bigotry but I have noticed several times that you are oversensitive to the point of giving people a hard time just for making gentle jokes or basic observations.

If I felt I had been insensitive I would apologise but I really don't think I have been in this case.

ETA - actually you've really fucking pissed me off this time.

Back
Top Bottom