Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

War propaganda, 'Realists' and neocons, and the denigration of the war sceptics

Maybe stop coming on the thread, or add something of your own? At least half of your near quarter of a million posts must surely be just moaning about other posters you could easily ignore.
once upon a time in your former incarnation here you were able to string together an opinion without relying on other people's efforts. at least half your posts are things you don't indicate whether you agree with or disagree with the sentiments stated. you ought to pay royalties to those whose views you so abuse.

No idea. But none of that has anything to do with the posts under discussion, which I've already said I largely agree with. Of course, that's agreeing while sitting at a safe distance of several thousand miles. Others prefer to join the action, from a safe distance of several thousand miles.

As I said, it takes all sorts.
It's not about joining the action. It's about empathising with the residents of a country while they get bombed to death and getting pissed off with people going 'oooh it's all America's fault' or some such shit and refusing to answer basic questions

once upon a time in your former incarnation here you were able to string together an opinion without relying on other people's efforts. at least half your posts are things you don't indicate whether you agree with or disagree with the sentiments stated. you ought to pay royalties to those whose views you so abuse.
I've let you down, I've let the forum down, and most of all I've let myself down.

It's not about joining the action. It's about empathising with the residents of a country while they get bombed to death and getting pissed off with people going 'oooh it's all America's fault' or some such shit and refusing to answer basic questions
This site is already overflowing with empathy for the Ukrainians. Fuck all happens as a result, but at least it's there, so those responsible should give themselves a pat on the back.

This site is already overflowing with empathy for the Ukrainians. Fuck all happens as a result, but at least it's there.
And your pages and pages and pages of cut and paste, and evasion of questions and passive-aggressive belittling of others are oh-so effective at stopping the war. Come to think of it actually even changing anyone's mind. I mean, high-handed pomposity is well known for swaying hearts and minds :hmm:

And your pages and pages and pages of cut and paste, and evasion of questions and passive-aggressive belittling of others are oh-so effective at stopping the war. Come to think of it actually even changing anyone's mind. I mean, high-handed pomposity is well known for swaying hearts and minds :hmm:
oh i think rd2003 has done his own good work for the ukrainian cause through his cackhanded posts

As I said to somebody or other somewhere above, you don't know who does or doesn't want to read the links.

If you want like-minded posters to read, there's hardly a shortage, is there?

I've said many times before that, my view or yours, none of us can possibly affect what's going on. We're basically just passing the time.

As I said to somebody or other somewhere above, you don't know who does or doesn't want to read the links.

If you want like-minded posters to read, there's hardly a shortage, is there?

I've said many times before that, my view or yours, none of us can possibly affect what's going on. We're basically just passing the time.
why don't you indicate support or opposition to the various cut and paste bits you put up?

oh i think rd2003 has done his own good work for the ukrainian cause through his cackhanded posts
One more towards the quarter million landmark. It's easy. Take another poster, tell everybody how pointless he is, and chalk up another post for the count.

This, of course, is in no way pointless.

One more towards the quarter million landmark. It's easy. Take another poster, tell everybody how pointless he is, and chalk up another post for the count.

This, of course, is in no way pointless.
we're all just passing them time but some of us have our own opinions to share and some of us nick them off other people

this 'you've got lots of posts' bit is really fucking boring, if you think there's something wrong with posting here the best thing for you to do is to stop.

we're all just passing them time but some of us have our own opinions to share and some of us nick them off other people
Everybody on here nicks their ideas off others whether they put them in their own words or not.

Take you for instance. You're not Isiah fucking Berlin or somebody.

Everybody on here nicks their ideas off others whether they put them in their own words or not.

Take you for instance. You're not Isiah fucking Berlin or somebody.
obviously i'm not isiah berlin, he's been dead these many years. and my views are my views, i don't need to steal someone else's words to express them. yeh i'm sure that in some cases i share my views with other people, we can't all be utterly original all the time.

You'd rather be left to post uninterrupted without any challenges or disagreement?

There's always YouTube. You can disable comments on that platform.
Oh, you again. Another one whose post count must surely consist mostly of finger-wagging comments on other posters.

Can you point to where I've asked for no interruptions or challenges?

In reality, I must have a bigger gaggle of self-righteous foamers following me round than most. How many of you can, for instance, say you've received a thread ban at popular request?

Oh, you again. Another one whose post count must surely consist mostly of finger-wagging comments on other posters.

Can you point to where I've asked for no interruptions or challenges?

In reality, I must have a bigger gaggle of self-righteous foamers following me round than most. How many of you can, for instance, say you've received a thread ban at popular request?

You're displaying a remarkable lack of self awareness here.

It's just pages and pages of berating anyone who questions your schtick.

Denials, evasion and doubling down.

Why?

tbh this entire thread should be binned. Its just RD2003 repeating the same old wank and refusing to answer any questions - 26 pages of it ffs.

tbh this entire thread should be binned. Its just RD2003 repeating the same old wank and refusing to answer any questions - 26 pages of it ffs.
Ask for anything you don't like or agree with to be binned off, why not?

I've said over and over that I haven't added any comment on the latest links because they all but reflect my own opinion. In any case, no poster is under obligation to answer any question as far as I understand it. You may not want to read them; others might.

It isn't as if you like it when I do post my own opinion. Weren't you one of the 'ban him' rabble on the main thread? Nor is like you don't have a vast majority whose opinions on the war reflect your own.

You're displaying a remarkable lack of self awareness here.

It's just pages and pages of berating anyone who questions your schtick.

Denials, evasion and doubling down.

Why?
Not playing with you tonight, sunshine. Life too short. Or something.

Wonder what joy the 'new phase' will bring to the world? As for 'empowering' Ukraine ('empower': a silly and meaningless term designed by the already powerful and their lackies to placate the powerless in situations big and small) , we can only shudder.

British prime minister Boris Johnson urged G7 leaders to not “give up” on Ukraine as he pledged additional financial support for Ukraine as it attempts to fight the Russian invasion.

“Ukraine can win and it will win. But they need our backing to do so. Now is not the time to give up on Ukraine,” Johnson said on Saturday.
Britain stands ready to provide another $525 million in loan guarantees, the statement from Downing Street said, warning that the Ukrainian government fears it could run out of cash by autumn without fresh cash injections.

The pledge raises the total amount of British financial and humanitarian aid to Ukraine this year to around $1.8 billion.

Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskiy is due to address G7 leaders on Monday virtually, and according to Downing Street he is expected to urge allies to provide long-term support for his war-torn country.

“Any sign of fatigue or wavering in Western support for Ukraine will play directly into (Russian) President (Vladimir) Putin’s hands,” the statement added.
Johnson’s spokesperson said as the fighting rages on, Western support for Ukraine needed to enter “a new phase”, and the question was how to best “empower” Ukraine.

“That’s what the PM will be asking at the G7 and NATO summits as he encourages his fellow leaders to increase their economic, military and political support to Ukraine,” the spokesperson said.
“In parallel, we must up sanctions against Putin and his cronies, ensuring they feel the cost of their barbarism.”

Back
Top Bottom