Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

War propaganda, 'Realists' and neocons, and the denigration of the war sceptics

From what he said the last time he visited Zelenski for example, is that there would be training of Ukranian volunteers at scale, as well as large scale material support in terms of weapons capabiliy to aid Ukranine's defense. But what Boris says for effect in any given photo-opportunity, and what he does in reality (always for his own interests) isn't easy to decipher and predict. Rule of thumb is it usually leaves everyone worse off in numerous ways.

Add the Ukrainian (and Russian) bodies, and the tortured minds of the surviving victims, to the hundreds of millions (or is it billions? Doesn't matter really) of victims of previous wars.

And it's all been for... what?

When this war is over we can all sit over our TV screens, ever increasing in size*, in eager anticipation of the next one. It's great as long as it doesn't involve us. Although if it's in a more far-flung place, involving people who don't seem as much like us as 'the Ukrainians' do, interest will soon be lost. But that's life.

* 'Watch new blood on the 18-inch screen; the corpse is a new personality...'

Last edited:
Add the Ukrainian (and Russian) bodies and the torturerd minds of the surviving victims to the hundreds of millions (or is it billions? Doesn't matter really) of victims of previous wars.

When this war is over we can all sit over our TV screens, ever increasing in size*, in eager anticipation of the next one. Although if it's in a more far-flung place, involving people who don't seem as much like us as 'the Ukrainians' do, interest will soon be lost. But that's life.

*'Watch new blood on the 18-inch screen; the corpse is a new personality...'

If you get a hard one for death and destruction, that's down to you. Less of the "we".

Ukraine should not be empowered/armed. It should be shunned, and left to its fate.

That's what you're saying?
Oh, hi Kretek. Have you got me on alert on summat?

It's what you want me to say, so yes, if that's what you want.

But also maybe no.

Add the Ukrainian (and Russian) bodies and the torturerd minds of the surviving victims to the hundreds of millions (or is it billions? Doesn't matter really) of victims of previous wars.

When this war is over we can all sit over our TV screens, ever increasing in size*, in eager anticipation of the next one. Although if it's in a more far-flung place, involving people who don't seem as much like us as 'the Ukrainians' do, interest will soon be lost. But that's life.

*'Watch new blood on the 18-inch screen; the corpse is a new personality...'

I thought someone started a war on and invaded an innocent polity. Yep just checked, you are still dissembling on that crucial point.

If you get a hard one for death and destruction, that's down to you. Less of the "we".
Don't think I'm the one with an hard-on about death and destruction here.

But try not to constantly derail threads with your fake moral virtuousness. You're just the same as everybody else, as evidenced in your posting.

Oh, hi Kretek. Have you got me on alert on summat?

It's what you want me to say, so yes, if that's what you want.

But also maybe no.

Give an opinion and stop projecting your fantasies onto the rest of us, perhaps?

Do you want Ukraine to defend itself or not?

Don't think I'm the one with an hard-on about death and destruction here.

But try not to constantly derail threads with your fake moral virtuousness. You're just the same as everybody else, as evidenced in your posting.

Nobody here is "eager" for or in favour of war - something you've repeatedly claimed.

Asking you to back up your increasingly nonsensical blog isn't a derail.

I thought someone started a war on and invaded an innocent polity. Yep just checked, you are still dissembling on that crucial point.
Who will be invaded next? Where will the next war start?

It might be almost as spectacular and exciting as this one, but interest won't be sustained unless the victims are white, and have a chance of joining NATO and/or the sacred EU.

The media should do more to sustain enthusiasm for the other wars going on in the world.

Who will be invaded next? Where will the next war start?

It Mmght be almost as spectacular and exciting as this one, but interest won't be sustained unless the victims are white, and have a chance of joining NATO and/or the sacred EU.

The media should do more to keep enthusiasm for the other wars going on in the world going.

Shite, who invaded? Here, in this war? Zelenski or Putin?

You surely can't be young enough to believe that 'innocence' (as far as it truly exists) counts for anything.

Right, so why are you telling us to abandon Ukraine and let Russia do what it wants?

That's what you have argued for every night.
I wish I could be on here every night, if only for the entertainment, but I can't, unfortunately.

You ask for a discussion like you are some heavy weight then just shit everywhere whenever any bothers.
I invite actual discussion, but there's a limit to the number of times you can answer the same boring questions from people who seem to have the reasoning or sense of reality as children.

And in some cases, questions/ criticism from total fakes (not you.)

I invite actual discussion, but there's a limit to the number of times you can answer the same boring questions from people who seem to have the reasoning or sense of reality as children.

And in some cases, questions/ criticism from total fakes (not you.)

You don't invite discussion, unless it agrees with your output. You sneer and berate when challenged, you offer nothing and refuse to answer any questions - deeming them beneath your dignity.

You don't invite discussion, unless it agrees with your output. You sneer and berate when challenged, you offer nothing and refuse to answer any questions - deeming them beneath your dignity.
In actual fact I do. Most people on here disagree with me, or purport to. As is their right.

Is that what it is? Entertaiment and big screen televisions?
This war has clearly been marketed as mass entertainment. It's Love Island for the bloodthirsty righteous.

I'm not responsible for the increasing size of TV screens. Even when Gang of Four wrote about 18-inch screens my mam and dad had a 26-inch telly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom