Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Walking Dead

Haven't read the comics but it would be abit crap if they were both exactly the same wouldn't it?

it's a bit crap that one of the things which made the comic work it's bleakness is being surgaryfied and dumbed down, the chronology is being fucked around with and that they've turned his wife from being a desperate but strong female character who fell into the arms of her husbands police partner out off a sense of loss and guilt which he eventaully can't deal with and causes a key story point in the loss of their humanity as a group into a cheating, randy, 1 dimensional character...

that's way more crap.

You realise Kirkmans been very involved in this and announced several times that there will be differences, some major, to the comics right?

For one thing an exact match to the comic would probably reach the end of issue 78 by the end of the first season

not it wouldn't if they paced each episode on the comic issue and at the rate of release (6 this series) they'd have around seasons at least before they even left the prison...

Not familiar with the comics but I like an 'adaptation' rather than a slavish reproduction, myself.....if I wanted a totally true to the book experience, I'd read the book. There's an advantage I think in not knowing exactly what will happen.

it's a comic not a book, the tv series should follow the canon already laid out not fuck with it...

I just finished subtitling the second episode, having had to do the bloody thing twice due to to a Windows Update wiping out all my work, so I am now one of the walking dead myself.

Anyway, not seeing the first episode means that I still have no idea how the zombocalypse actually happened, nor the details of some of the relationships, but it worked for me nonetheless. The characters were all pretty likeable; I'm considering letting my daughter watch it simply because Glenn is exactly like her usual description of the ideal boy, only a little too old.

Egg's accent is bloody terrible.

Andrea's being played by Marita Covarrubias from the X-Files! She doesn't look much older, considering the passage of time. And the nasty redneck is someone as I've seen as a nasty redneck in two different TV shows recently - he has the perfect face for it. In real life he probably collects teapots and is a big fan of opera.

it's a bit crap that one of the things which made the comic work it's bleakness is being surgaryfied and dumbed down, the chronology is being fucked around with and that they've turned his wife from being a desperate but strong female character who fell into the arms of her husbands police partner out off a sense of loss and guilt which he eventaully can't deal with and causes a key story point in the loss of their humanity as a group into a cheating, randy, 1 dimensional character...

that's way more crap.

I'll watch it myself before making such a judgment then, rather than listen to some random angry internet person. ;)

Not familiar with the comics but I like an 'adaptation' rather than a slavish reproduction, myself.....if I wanted a totally true to the book experience, I'd read the book. There's an advantage I think in not knowing exactly what will happen.

I agree – I've read the comics so I want the TV show to be something that's going to surprise me every so often.

seriously played that all wrong...

man this is going down hill straight away...

I don't understand you, GarfieldLeShat, earlier in this thread I made a prediction about the television series which you rather aggressively flamed me for but you are now contradicting yourself by echoing my sentiments. You then have the audacity to call me an ignoramus?

:facepalm:

It's sad because I agree with some of your points regarding Lori/Shane but as you appear to be kicking off at various other posters I am going to sit and let you ostracise yourself from this thread by acting like a stroppy teenager which I can only assume you are.

For the record my assumptions were absolutely correct. Egg has been miscast as Rick, his accent is awful and his acting too sincere. The writers have completely adjusted the comic book story for the televised series and (even earlier than predicted) episode 2 has already descended into farce. Honestly, walking around with a zombie intestine necklace with chopped of hands dangling from it. Not even the comic book went that far.

I expect worse to come.

Just watched the 2nd episode online. As someone who has no expectations as i didn't read the comics, i found it enjoyable. Don't know why some are moanng tbh, as a tv series its working perfectly so far. :)

I'm waiting for GayfieldLeShats response...<zips up flame proof suit and dives for cover>

the only difference being that I watched before coming out with any judgement as opposed to a twat like you who writes stuff off before having seen it...

I'll bet you like like event horizon too dontcha...

the only difference being that I watched before coming out with any judgement as opposed to a twat like you who writes stuff off before having seen it...

I'll bet you like like event horizon too dontcha...

Captital t. Start of a new sentence. 'The only difference...'

'...the only difference being that I watched before'. Watched what? Where is the object? An elephant? A dust pan?

'I'll bet you like like..' typo.

'...event horizon'. Event Horizon. It's the title of the film so capitals.

'...dontcha' (spelling) and it's a question so put your question mark at the end.

Not bad, LeShat, improving. C+

wanker.gif

sorry what the fuck are they all doing in the city that doesn't happen til much later, ditto the smearing themselves in zombie gunk...

why didn't rick and glenn leap from roof to roof...

why was a charcter which only appears way after the farm and the prison appeared shakelled to the roof now...

Lori and Shane WTF, seriously they fucked twice early on as lori reveals at the prison then nothing she hated him cos of her guilt she wasn't some sex starved nymph temptress waiting for a banging....

seriously played that all wrong...

man this is going down hill straight away...

Why don't you stop with the spoilers?

well some of them are also in the tv series, so why don't you knock it on the head?

sorry won't comment again clearly there's deserving and undeserving commentary on this thread and I don't fall in with the clique or you could fuck off perhaps...

Back
Top Bottom