Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vigil- BBC crime/ thriller miniseries

You have to hand it to Jackie Baillie, though. It’s very cunning to complain that it’s anti nuke propaganda when she knows it’s pro nuke propaganda. That’s how They operate, you know.

So, still think this was anti-nuclear? The series was blatant:

1. Anti-nuclear activists are at best naive at worst cowardly traitors that demand hatred.
2. Politicians objecting to Trident are sleazy.
3. The BBC advertised this directly afterwards “How to build a nuclear submarine.

BAE have done top work here.

…not to mention the scene when the lower ranks had the opportunity to leave the submarine but in unison they brave said they’d stick with the nuclear sub. It really doesnt get any more blatant than that.

So, still think this was anti-nuclear? The series was blatant:

1. Anti-nuclear activists are at best naive at worst cowardly traitors that demand hatred.
2. Politicians objecting to Trident are sleazy.
3. The BBC advertised this directly afterwards “How to build a nuclear submarine.

BAE have done top work here.
You are a fucking idiot.

I don’t like cowards. Yer blocked :)
You’re thick as fucking pigshit, so I’m glad to hear it.

For other readers: I told this brain dead fuck that Jackie Baillie, a Labour MSP whose constituency includes Faslane nuclear base, complained that the programme was anti nuke. I did not say I shared her opinion.

(Although, on watching the final episode I think she may have had a point. And whereas she disapproves, I approve).

…not to mention the scene when the lower ranks had the opportunity to leave the submarine but in unison they brave said they’d stick with the nuclear sub. It really doesnt get any more blatant than that.
1. It wasn't just the lower ranks: 33% was the engineering officer. So in this drama 3rd or 4th in the chain of command and in reality probably 5th or 6th.
2, George Galloway is vehemently anti nuke both generally and specifically for the Clyde. And he's sleazy as fuck. Just cos you are anti nuclear weapons doesn't mean you can't make decent people's skin crawl as well.
3. No great surprise a TV channel that has just shown a programme about submarines might want to tell people who have just watched that programme about submarines that there is another programme about submarines they might fancy watching if they are still interested in programmes about fucking submarines.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. It was a bit of daft nonsense for a Sunday evening. And had the added benefit for those of us who know Glasgow that we could spot locations, and occasionally laugh about them going the wrong way to get to a location, or running around the back of a building into an alley that’s in a different part of the city. And so on.

Back
Top Bottom