Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vigil- BBC crime/ thriller miniseries

OK, can anyone tell me why would a copper who thinks she's being followed drive to the top of a multi storey car park, where no-one else is present, and then get out of her car alone?

(
And also…how the fuck did she have phone reception in the Clyde Tunnel? (Also there are much closer multi-stories to the Tunnel than the one that doesn’t exist on Renfrew Street. The one next to the SEC for starters).

He should carry on watching as I find invariably these sort of programs make you think they're taking a critical look, but end up entirely supporting the establishment. It will probably be the protestors what did the murder and all the navy's problems could be fixed if only they had more money and nuclear warheads.

Pretty much.

Alan Johnson is Captain. Stanis Baratheon wheels out some Admiral schtick and we’re all meant to believe the RN is a multiracial meritocracy while Egrit fakes a Scottish accent to prove she’s really Scottish.

OK, can anyone tell me why would a copper who thinks she's being followed drive to the top of a multi storey car park, where no-one else is present, and then get out of her car alone?

(
I think the idea was to entrap her pursuers when her police colleagues arrived and block the car park exit, but when the boys in blue pathetically failed to show up when they said they would and she realised she was now trapped on the rooftop herself, for a few minutes at least, she thought there was nothing to lose by confronting them. At the end of the day, her car wouldn’t have been bulletproof so if they were assassins she was fucked regardless.

What I thought was far more of a plot hole was that she drove into the car park after being told was several minutes late. If you think someone’s out to kill you but they letting you drive around indefinitely, bloody drive to the nearest police station, or even the nearest hotel and run into the lobby. Don’t trap yourself and hope you can survive the next five minutes alone with your would-be killers without even a gun for company.

I also thought having the keys to a nuclear submarine’s gun closet unguarded and within easy reach of any crew member rather careless.

Pretty much.

Alan Johnson is Captain. Stanis Baratheon wheels out some Admiral schtick and we’re all meant to believe the RN is a multiracial meritocracy while Egrit fakes a Scottish accent to prove she’s really Scottish.

But she is Scottish :confused:

(
I did wonder. Also, why 2 M15 officials would engage in a high speed chase, when they could presumably just speak to her the next day.

I assume we're talking about Rose Leslie? (Didn't understand the reference above.)

Going by her Wikipedia entry, she is indeed extremely posh.

Leslie was born in Aberdeen, Scotland,[2] and raised at Lickleyhead Castle in Aberdeenshire, her family's 15th-century ancestral seat, where she lived until the age of 10.[3] Her father, Sebastian Arbuthnot-Leslie, is the Aberdeenshire Chieftain of Clan Leslie. Her mother is Candida Mary Sibyl "Candy" Leslie (née Weld) of Clan Fraser of Lovat, whose maternal great-grandfather was Simon Fraser, 13th Lord Lovat and a descendant of King Charles II.[4] Another great-grandfather of Candy Leslie was Frederick Weld, the sixth prime minister of New Zealand. Her family currently lives at the 12th-century Wardhill Castle in Old Rayne
That's how posh people move house then, moving from one castle to another. Maybe it was a moonlight flit?

At the 2015 UK general election, she campaigned with the Conservatives in her local constituency of Gordon.[44]

That's her on the list then. :mad:

That's how posh people move house then, moving from one castle to another. Maybe it was a moonlight flit?

I've stayed in her castle (, *) - Wardhill

Stay — (note: Butlers available for hire, at £200/day)

* Won in a charity raffle. It turned out we won a stay in a bothy in the grounds of her castle. With - surprise - a broken toilet. The week leading up to it we were gauping at the accommodation (full on 'old money'), and wondering if they accepted guests that didn't have their own waiting staff butlers etc... And ended up shitting with a bucket. In midge season (i.e. Jan-Dec) . All for charity.

**not a euphemism.

One thing is becoming slightly annoying. Just before the scene changes from on land to underwater there is always a shot of a submarine with some sombre music. You don’t get a scene of a piece of land and less somber music when the scene switches back the other way. Why? I think we should be told.

One thing is becoming slightly annoying. Just before the scene changes from on land to underwater there is always a shot of a submarine with some sombre music. You don’t get a scene of a piece of land and less somber music when the scene switches back the other way. Why? I think we should be told.
I loved the gag in Ship of Fools where they’d always cut to a shot of a high rise block even though the location was terraced houses.

(
Probably the same reason people who are in fear of their life hide on a main road, under a streetlamp.

Probably the same reason people who are in fear of their life hide on a main road, under a streetlamp.
And the same reason Suranne Jones has told almost everything to an obviously dodgy character who we know has a dragon tattoo and is doing the lassie from the Sarah Jane Adventures.

A castle where the Game of Thrones star Rose Leslie spent her childhood has been sold at a knockdown price after it was repossessed from her father.

The actress’s family were ejected from their ancestral home last year following a dispute with a finance firm over loan repayments.
Lickleyhead Castle in Aberdeenshire was owned by Leslie’s father Sebastian Leslie, a councillor who was suspended by the Conservative Party for refusing to pay tax.

I've not seen it, but it drives the fish and bubble heads up the wall, so it's funny.

It's revenge for Our Girl and Soldier Soldier.

I'm thinking about writing a series based on the RAF Regiment having emotional breakdowns because 16 Air Assault Brigade got the Kabul job, and not the 'big three' formation that's specifically there to, err... take and secure airfields in contested environments.

Laugh? I fucking soiled myself.

Also love the attempts to make it feel dramatic or indeed moving, with nothing to show relativity in the depths of the ocean, short of Spongebob seen zooming from left to right (or up and down) the screen.

Like when the thingy things...And...IS the ship...sinking? Let's go to the outside camera view...Nope, still none the wiser.:oops:

All very Seaquest DSV :cool:

Can I add my "Dear Points Of View... Why oh why oh why...."

1. How tf does a <insert-technical-hypoerbole-of-its-capabilities> double bastard hard sub armed at least with a radar that can identify a flounder by the tone of it's fart, miss a... oil tanker? The could find this sort of stuff out freely available from the Maersk website.

2. Of all the gin joints in all the seas, in all the directions of travel, of all the possible times they could surface... the oil fucking tanker is heading literally directly head on to them.

3. 2 billion for a Nuclear Sub? Eh? You could get over 18 of them for a Dido Harding Test and Trace contract.

I've not seen it, but it drives the fish and bubble heads up the wall, so it's funny.

It's revenge for Our Girl and Soldier Soldier.

I'm thinking about writing a series based on the RAF Regiment having emotional breakdowns because 16 Air Assault Brigade got the Kabul job, and not the 'big three' formation that's specifically there to, err... take and secure airfields in contested environments.

Laugh? I fucking soiled myself.

Was soldier soldier not a documentary then?

Back
Top Bottom