Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vigil- BBC crime/ thriller miniseries

I'm loving it but...

Of all the plot absurdities, sending someone whose husband died in a watery confined space into a submarine (and then ends up in a watery confined space) is the daftest.
maybe her boss is a russian agent and choose her deliberatly? :hmm:

maybe her boss is a russian agent and choose her deliberatly? :hmm:
I was just about to post that her boss is an unusual character. In this kind of drama he'd normally be the one holding and back and kow towing to the secret service, chief constable etc. It's a stock character from central casting. However he's been 100% supportive of the investigation and backing his officers wherever it leads. I hadn't thought it was suspicious, just unusual plotting/writing. You might be right though.

True, but it might make people think, "Should we give the power to launch nuclear weapons to a bunch of other people, all of whom, it would seem, are junkies, alcoholics, untrustworthy, etc and who are commanded ultimately by blithering idiots and useless twats?" Or is that just me?

But! The Russians!!! Will somebody think of the children

Well, without going into any plausibility/ plot hole issues, I thought this week’s episode was great entertainment- the best one by some margin.

really? felt like King of the Rocketmen
Well to me this series always looked like (and the trailers sold it to me as, in fact) a crime mystery in a rather intriguing and novel set up. Rather than a very well written, slow burning character development drama, like say Mare of Easttown.

All episodes to date have been fairly engaging- this one was the step up you would expect of the penultimate episode of a crime thriller series. I certainly don’t think it’s worse or out of sync with the rest of the series so far.

I'm just hoping episode 6 is the last one. I get disillusioned when they turn into 17-part series with no idea of what's going on until the last one.

Well, no, but what are you saying here? That’s she’s lying about thinking it’s anti nuke propaganda because it’s really pro nuke propaganda?

Weird.

Totally agree danny la rouge. It’s neither pro or anti propaganda

It would be Happy Shopper Pravda style propaganda substitute…

Likewise it’s portrayal of the Andrew, the bizzies, the spooks, the not the SNP or the peace busybodies has the same connection to reality as Bay Watch did to some bloke with vueucas on a very high chair at the local swimming baths blowing his whistle at 10 year olds doing Kung foo in the shallow end…

It’s knock about nonsense that passes the time on a Sunday night with no connection to reality. Anyone who reads anything more in it deserves a C minus in appreciation of television *.

(* mega points for anyone getting that reference…)

Last edited:
It does seem slightly odd that, upon getting out of the contaminated area, neither of them thought to mention that 'oh, by the way wotsisname is the Russian spy we've been looking for.'

Still, what could go wrong, eh?

Totally agree danny la rouge. It’s neither pro or anti propaganda

It would be Happy Shopper Pravda style propaganda substitute…

Likewise it’s portrayal of the Andrew, the bizzies, the spooks, the not the SNP or the peace busybodies has the same connection to reality as Bay Watch did to some bloke with vueucas on a very high chair at the local swimming baths blowing his whistle at 10 year olds doing Kung foo in the shallow end…

It’s knock about nonsense that passes the time on a Sunday night with no connection to reality. Anyone who reads anything more in it deserves a C minus in appreciation of television *.

(* mega points for anyone getting that reference…)

The very fact you cannot spot the persuasion in the series confirms its not totally shit.

The very fact you cannot spot the persuasion in the series confirms its not totally shit.
Or that you are mad as a fish.

Go on then, I'm bored. Explain, from your greater enlightenment, how this is propaganda for the bucket of sunshine firm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom