Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

So explain to me how twitter bans work?

I can still see trumps page and there is no "banned" tag on his profile.

Does it just stop him posting more shite but leaves his page up? I can see a few posts are removed.

Does anyone know how long the impeachment process could take assuming the dems start the ball rolling Monday and presumably assuming enough republicans support it?

Does anyone know how long the impeachment process could take assuming the dems start the ball rolling Monday and presumably assuming enough republicans support it?
Unless the Republicans in the Senate play exceedingly nicely, which is unlikely, the 'trial' would have to be held after Biden's inauguration.

Democratic momentum builds for potential fast-track impeachment next week

A few republicans indicating that they would vote for it. It could solve some problems for them to have Trump formally out of the way.

They don't need any Republican support to impeach him. They would need 17 Republicans in the Senate to actually convict and remove him though.
How long would that take though, could he be removed inside the next 12 days for example?

He is gone on the 20th anyway so i don't know why they are wasting time on impeachment or article 25. Both these options need republicans help.

They'll get after him to some extent but it will be the same half-assed attempt we have seen up until now. I.e. ineffective and insufficient because there is no political interest or political will there. They've got eachother's backs first and foremost, that's the only 'institution' left now. Trump isn't in trouble. He'll see out his days in unimaginable privilege and luxury. People will be bought off, including him. He sold them out and used them for his own vanity. More positively there were relatively few who bought the supposed coup.

So Trump is like: "what incitement and attempted coup? P.s the election was rigged." And the docile selfish officials dodge their responsibility and oaths every time (with exceptions. Though seemingly in short supply here).

I mean it's men in buffolo helmets walking into the legislative building and the cops say they are the 'good guys'. Trump is just an aristocrat. A mug, a grifter. A terrible President with no conscience. The only thing I don't quite get (and I give him no respect or credence) is how he has survived at the post so long. What has he acheived? Serious $trillions have benefited the already rich. Same with Johnson on a smaller scale. Class war rages while Donald sows division. I guess I answered my question.

It’s because you haven’t refreshed the page.

I'm using the app which doesn't seem to have a refresh option (that i can see anyway). If it try to go to the website my phone "helpfully" redirects to the app. :mad:

Most annoying as i want to see trumps loser banned message :mad:

Apple threatening to take Parler off the Apple Store, unless they start moderating content. Has anyone from Apple ever seen whats on Parler?

He is gone on the 20th anyway so i don't know why they are wasting time on impeachment or article 25. Both these options need republicans help.

i think the idea is to stop him having the nuclear button and / or the ability to issue pardons to everyone including himself and his family and whatever friends he's still got

I doubt he's been allowed near the "button" for some time now and likely is not possessed of the mental agility to make use of it anyway.
Yeah, they may say it's about that, but it's not about that. Nobody is going to listen to any orders from him now, let alone orders to blow things up.

tbh a lot of it will probably quite simply be that he incited an insurrection that put them in personal physical danger and they want to get the bastard.

All this is a pretty good advert for the constitutional president model of a republic, like Germany or Ireland. The US model has flaws.

So Trump can't send a Tweet, but he still has nuclear launch codes?

If only the controls on nuclear Armageddon were as tightly controlled as a Twitter account...
I would love to be a fly on the wall at the US military meetings where they are discussing this.

I may be naive, but the US military is going to ignore any order from Trump, be that to launch nukes at Iran or send marines into Cuba or anything.

Trumps control of the nuke codes is not a concern at the moment. The racist, complicit police forces in American are a worry.

I mean I hope I'm right, but, surely?

Back
Top Bottom