Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2012

Can't imagine what it must be like to lose this race. "I'm gonna be president, I'm gonna be preside... ah nuts".

That's gonna be a hell of a reality check in the morning :( Has any candidate from the main two parties run twice (as their party's nomination, not just in the primary)? Have the feeling Nixon or Reagan lost before they won?

Can't imagine what it must be like to lose this race. "I'm gonna be president, I'm gonna be preside... ah nuts".

That's gonna be a hell of a reality check in the morning :( Has any candidate from the main two parties run twice (as their party's nomination, not just in the primary)? Have the feeling Nixon or Reagan lost before they won?
Nixon lost in 1960. Thomas Dewey ran and lost twice. There have been others

Can't imagine what it must be like to lose this race. "I'm fonna be president, I'm gonna be preside... ah nuts".

Nixon lost to JFK in 1960, Reagan was IIRC an independent candidate and not the official Republican.

The beeb and it's guests are having a bad time talking about working class,middle class and blue collar workers.I expect they'll self destruct soonish.

Nixon lost in 1960. Thomas Dewey ran and lost twice. There have been others
Not quite the same thing but Walter Mondale lost as VP to Reagan in 1980 and then as Presidential nominee in 1984 (beaten out of sight in fact - he only carried one state plus DC I think?)

PPP polling (Democrat leaning) reckon NC will go Romney by 1 or 2%

Republicans hold the HoR. No surprise

Romney HAS to win each of Florida, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Iowa and Colorado.

He won't

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) has defeated Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO) for Missouri’s senate seat, NBC projects:
Akin got himself in trouble earlier this election cycle for saying women who are victims of “legitimate rape” don’t get pregnant because “the body has a way to shut the whole thing down.”

fell asleep on the sofa:D dreamt that Romney won Ohio 52% to 48% :( pleased that this was merely a dream - watching BBC on the telly and Fox news on the laptop - Fox commentators seem a bit downbeat - :D

Back
Top Bottom