Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2012

"Oh look at me I get ill just like you. I've had it tough. Please vote for my mega rich husband" :rolleyes:

Yea and you can afford the best healthcare money can buy. Fuck off :mad:

This the fox summ:

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth.

Fox

"Citizens rights come from nature and God."

If Obama had any sense, he'd rip Ryan apart using the founding fathers and the constitution - using tea party's supposed love of both to annihilate his argument.

There's a stunning lack of questioning about what happens when you let some banks and businesses fail.

"Citizens rights come from nature and God."

If Obama had any sense, he'd rip Ryan apart using the founding fathers and the constitution - using tea party's supposed love of both to annihilate his argument.

There's an entire school of Constitutional interpretation based on rights coming from nature and God called "Natural Rights." The more conservative members of the Supreme Court subscribe to this interpretation.

There's an entire school of Constitutional interpretation based on rights coming from nature and God called "Natural Rights." The more conservative members of the Supreme Court subscribe to this interpretation.
It's a perfectly respectable part of constitutional/legal history.

It's a perfectly respectable part of constitutional/legal history.

It is. That's the point I was making. The conservatives on the court just make a point of it in their confirmation hearings and rulings.

There's also an "evolving document" theory of interpretation as well.

It is. That's the point I was making. The conservatives on the court just make a point of it in their confirmation hearings and rulings.
Fair enough - over here people don't realise this is the basis for a lot of legal thought that applies to them as it never comes up. There is no constitutional discussion/judgments that have to be based on etc.

He never appear as the basis for politics no. We have no formal written constitution on which he or his grounds can be appealed to as part of life.

What do your overly pretentious students argue about in cafes, then? :p

(I did know the UK doesn't have a consitution, but I figured the usual political philosophers got some play.)

My main worry about a Romney administration is that I can see him going to war with Iran over the nuclear issue. The rhetoric is certainly there.

I think people who bring up rand get looked at very very strangely and then ignored :)
Hence they gather in strange groups wearing odd t shirts :)

As an aside, I'm just reading Christopher Hitchens: No One Left to Lie to: The Triangulations of William Jefferson Clinton. A liar, rapist, philandering shmuck. Who delivered speeches as a sop tp the liberal left, but delivered policies for the Republican right. Just £4.79 Kindle edition, as is the same price for Hitchens book: The Trial of Henry Kissinger.

You can also get the Kindle edition of Das Capital for just 77 pence right now on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom