Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban 75 Informal Anarchist Actions

The following communique was received anonymously:

Last night, three related actions were carried out. First of all, we stood outside a beer garden and watched the game on their big screens. By not being able to get into the pub and actually buy their drinks, we reversed the neoliberal commodification of public space and created a temporary autonomous zone. Secondly, since the beer garden was just next to the courthouse, absolutely loads of people went and pissed directly on the court building, a suitable display of contempt for the bourgeois state and its "justice". Thirdly, perhaps most impressively of all, the beer garden had some of them table umbrella/parasol things and there were some tall lads stood in front of us, so we couldn't actually see the game that well most of the time, thus subvertising the nationalistic mass media spectacle. - Conspiracy of Cans of Cider

Someone gave my address when caught for fare evasion and we had been getting letters asking for money. I emailed them to let them know there was no such person at this address and got a reply telling me that this sort of thing happens because 'unfortunately, it's not a legal requirement for anybody in the UK to carry an ID'.

So I've emailed them back telling them I'm not interested in their reactionary opinions and that they should consider getting a proper fucking job.

Someone gave my address when caught for fare evasion and we had been getting letters asking for money. I emailed them to let them know there was no such person at this address and got a reply telling me that this sort of thing happens because 'unfortunately, it's not a legal requirement for anybody in the UK to carry an ID'.

So I've emailed them back telling them I'm not interested in their reactionary opinions and that they should consider getting a proper fucking job.
What's the name of the person they're looking for, the date of the alleged evasion, and the company involved?

Would be a shame if a bunch of people wrote to them pretending to be this modern day Marighela and giving false leads 🤣

What's the name of the person they're looking for, the date of the alleged evasion, and the company involved?

Would be a shame if a bunch of people wrote to them pretending to be this modern day Marighela and giving false leads 🤣
Well the name given was 'Tevin Jones' which is the name of a well known American Football player who seems to have no namesakes anywhere near Romford. I reckon it was probably someone two doors down or called Kevin Jones because changing as little as possible is the golden rule of fake names and addresses.

Fuck knows the date though. They've taken two weeks to get back to me so the letters are long recycled.

Another great action from the Conspiracy of Corvids of Fire:
What kind of nobhead gets their coffee delivered by drone? What a waste of the world‘s resources.

The area where I live is plagued with fly-tippers dumping their shit in our streets, piss stained mattresses, smashed furniture and piles and piles of burst bin bags and assorted detritus. I gather most of it is tipped by buy-to-let landlords. So it's gratifying to note that these so-called anarchists have adopted the habits of the fucking landlord class and assorted slumlord scum.

Probably anarchists who’ve flytipped two big bulk bags of broken asbestos sheeting in the street outside my son‘s pre school. Been there about three weeks now. Cunts.

To be fair, it's got fuckall to do with anarchism (unless we're using the distorted bosses' and mass media's definition) and everything to do with being a shower of cunts.

It's one of those things where I keep hoping it must surely be a wind-up/piss-take, but I have a horrible feeling that it isn't. Like, actually going out and spraying graffiti seems a bit too much effort to put into a pisstake?

Also, knowing that there are such beyond parody litterers and bus stop smashers on the fringes of what passes for an anarchist scene makes this seem less like a piss take.

what is their line about the importance of littering? i cant be arsed to actually read any more american anarcho-spiel, it's so up itself.

It seems to be 1) current levels of waste and landfills are environmentally unsustainable, putting stuff in bins hides the problem but littering forces people to confront it, 2) anti-gentrification blah about making areas unappealing for developers and yuppies, which sort of skips over any impact it might have on other residents and again just makes me think of a Jam sketch, and then 3) misplaced analogies to refuse workers' strikes and the Young Lords, which seems to miss the distinction between "using rubbish as part of a specific action to highlight an issue" and "just randomly littering for the sake of it".

Just saw former leader of Lambeth Council and croydon MP Steve Re*ed in the Coop. I told him Keir Starmer is shit. He laughed nervously and looked away, fiddling with his phone, which probably means the end of the current Labour party leadership and a revolution by June.

Back
Top Bottom