Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban 75’s time is up

I'm looking for a papal blessing to press my claim on the throne, anyone lands at Hastings with me can expect the barony of their choice once we've driven out whatever hairy native is currently in occupation. Also looking to hire a documentary tapestry maker if anyone's interested.

That single sod might make all the difference in the late winter fuel crisis if you get it cut and dried now, Sass. That's if you can deal with the other sort of sod denying access.

There has been a resurgence of peat cutting on Islay. A lot of folk had the rights to a peat bog, but never worked it. Now they are. The folk who got the fires that feed the radiators* are quids in, especially where the bog is down to the black peat, when that dries you need a hammer to break it, it burns more like coal. With the controlled air flow the peat burns slowly.

*I don't know the proper name for these. It is a fireplace that is more like a stove, it has controlled air ingress. When the Council houses on Islay got upgraded, folk had the choice of these or storage heaters.

I'm quite happy with my land on Islay.

It's quite extensive, one square foot. :D

It was a Laphroig promotional thing. :D
I drink quite a bit of Laphroaig and Mrs Forward keeps taking those one foot of land tickets off me. I'm not sure if she's got the land yet but I'm wondering... if she gets a sizable number of square feet (she's probably got about 60 sq ft already), will she be able to build on it?

Hey, at least they're not fish puns. All you have to do is mention shad, an' Freud might have something to say about the significance of it all.

Back
Top Bottom