Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban 75’s time is up

How exactly do you know this ?
Posters willingly say a lot about themselves, freely post pictures, tell anecdotes etc. Looking through the list of people who have posted on this thread I know something about 95% of them.
Its not a totally unfair point, Urban has become more homogenous over the years from what I can tell.
We have lost many Posters of Colour over the years and several trans posters, for example.
IME thats at least partly because of the tone of conversations that have taken place on the boards.

Yeah but about 90% are neurospicey and/or plain odd, so that’s great representation for ND circles! ;)

Urban 75 now does not really represent Brixton or London though, which is somewhat different to how it started out and original aims. But to make it more diverse would require limits on members freedom of expression, which I am not much in favour of either.

How can any online forum represent any flesh and blood community? Increasing diversity by restricting speech is a new one on me, though.

Should there be a U75 Telegram channel? (I've never actually used Telegram but would join one I reckon.)

Last edited:
Urban 75 now does not really represent Brixton or London though, which is somewhat different to how it started out and original aims. But to make it more diverse would require limits on members freedom of expression, which I am not much in favour of either.

It didn't then either. Hint: London even Brixton, wasn't all just young lefties / anarchists going to raves.

And I don't think it was ever claimed to represent London you wolly. It's a community that has grown up around some shared ideas, interests, locality and people who like the chat and lack of ads.

Messageboards will be around as long as the Internet needs them, and that's 20-odd years so far. I'm very fond of messageboards, the workhorses of the internet, carrying on for decades with their bespoke emojis, strict poobah admins, weird quote functions, injokes, cliques, friendships, beefs going on for so long three of the involved parties have actually died since it started, marriage proposals, funny photographs, 21 different FAQ threads borne of about six long-forgotten arguments, only three available fonts, one unforgettable real life meetup (in a good way), one unforgettable real life meetup (in a bad way).

Should there be a U75 Telegram channel? (I've never actually used Telegram but would join one I reckon.)
Nah, Telegram is for dodgy geezers with nazi memorabilia collections and crypto con men..... if you want to be down with the hipsters you need a Discord Server with a meme channel

Should there be a U75 Telegram channel?

:confused:

surely that's a bit old tech even for us

0441-2011-0443_1.jpg

:p

Back
Top Bottom