Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban 75’s time is up

Yes. You summed it up perfectly. This place is dying, and the owner is trying to squeeze out as much cash as possible before it dies.
I don’t know what that has to do with Schrodinger or his cat. It’s not nice to call someone a cunt though.
Well, if editor wants to fund his villa in Martinique with my monthly standing order I’m cool with that.

The truth is not often nice.

….and your leader knows it. Visitor numbers, advertising numbers, new member requests, search engine numbers — all down. Every reasonable measure of success or even sustainability is down. You won’t take my word for it, but internet forums in general and this place specifically are like MySpace…history :-(
What the fuck have 'advertising numbers' got to do with this site?
Any why are you equating 'success' with pageviews?

We've been pretty much stable at around 1,500 new posts every day which makes it very successful for an independent board.

You and I know this site doesn’t advertise. But casual readers don’t. Maybe they’ll wonder how the leader pays his (internet) bills, especially after he nearly had a breakdown when he got a really small gas bill earlier this year
You really are a special kind of prick, aren't you?
And it wasn't a gas bill, It was an electricity bill that had just trebled.

No. I don’t give a toss about this place. But your “editor” does and he’s going to sell his site to the biggest investor. Damn right, too.
No, he's not. "Their" editor intends to keep this site so long as there is a demand for it and the server costs are covered (actually there's been times when I've put in a fair bit of cash myself because it's not money that makes me want to keep this site going, it's the wonderful community that post here. Yourself excluded, of course)

No, he's not. "Their" editor intends to keep this site so long as there is a demand for it and the server costs are covered (actually there's been times when I've put in a fair bit of cash myself because it's not money that makes me want to keep this site going, it's the wonderful community that post here. Yourself excluded, of course)
Heave ho; they add nothing to our community.

Not being funny, but wouldn't you* all have egg on your faces if this indeed was a long con by editor to skim donations, and one day (assumedly when the pot is big enough) we'll all login and find the site down/gone and an IP address that (after a bit of digging) traces back to Martinique?

And wow was right all this time?

Makes you think :hmm:

Already seeing the musk-esque declarations from the true believers racing to openly admit they wouldn't mind if he was saving up for the island getaway. Classic cult behaviour.

*not me, I've suspected it since about 06. Just been hanging around to see when someone else finally spotted it.

I wasn't aware of this.

I always figured this site would go on til it was just two threads - me, Pickman's model , and danny la rouge arguing about Django Reinhardt on one, and Spymaster and editor bickering about cycling on another while teuchter 's head in a jar laughs and laughs and laughs.
Hopefully The photoshop my dog on holiday around the world and photoshop my stupid cat onto things threads will be the last standing if it comes to that 🥲

katsting.jpg

If it goes down or musk bids 🤣please give us warning save some of the threads etc lol Id forgot about Firky interview on the telly during Roal Moat hunt and the tent in a field till searching old photoshop threads just
its had its weird moments and characters for sure hope many more to come I think I only came across U75 searching photobucket cats for someone at work many moons ago never seen anything like it before :D or since :thumbs:

firky.jpg

Last edited:
Not being funny, but wouldn't you* all have egg on your faces if this indeed was a long con by editor to skim donations, and one day (assumedly when the pot is big enough) we'll all login and find the site down/gone and an IP address that (after a bit of digging) traces back to Martinique?

Already seeing the musk-esque declarations from the true believers racing to openly admit they wouldn't mind if he was saving up for the island getaway. Classic cult behaviour.

*not me, I've suspected it since about 06. Just been hanging around to see when someone else finally spotted it.
And wow is just an Ed sockpuppet who's only role is to whip up outrage and increase server donations.

Seeing as the first version of the boards went up in 94/95, it would be one hell of a long con.

But worth it. Ha ha ha!

Urban 75 does lack diversity, it is true.
Urban's posters are 90%:
white, male, heterosexuals, with left wing voting tendancies. Mostly working or middle class.
It is far too homogeneous.
That’s hilarious. Since I don’t have left wing voting tendencies I assume I’m part of the 10%. I’d love to know how many of my fellow 10%ers are capitalist class or aristocracy, and how many more of them you think we’ll need. Are we going for a representative sample or parity?

Back
Top Bottom