Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Up the ARSEnal 20/21

Apparently, the Newcastle deal is 100% off, and he's staying. Also, Guendouzzi might be on the way to redeeming himself. Which still leaves the problem of who to shift out, if we want partey, and/or Aouar

Guendouzzi should probably go, yeah. we've been playing better in the midfield without him.

:D :thumbs: Aubameyang signs 3 year deal.

YES!!!!!:thumbs:
Sorry to introduce a down note after all this positivity, but we really need to beat the 'Ammers this saturday.
Cos after that, it goes...(deep breath)....Leicester, 'Pool,, Sheffield, Man Arab, Leicester, Man Utd...HELLPPP!!!:eek:
Ok, I know, there really is no such thing as an easy game at this level, but that lot really are scary

Bugger, we've just sold emiliano martinez for £20m.:(
Fair enough, Arteta couldn't guarantee him game time, but the new backup keeper, macey, has stuff all experience at this level. We probably need to sign another 'keeper now
e2a: make that £17m. my bad

We're in for an Icelandic international to replace him, Runar Alex Runarsson. Some decent performances for both Lille and Iceland, but can't dislodge the club No1

Apparently about to make 'concrete offer' for Aouar, north pf 40 mil, but expect Lyon to play silly buggers (they always do, apparently)

Let's be honest, shall we? we fluked a win we didn't deserve, against far from awesome opposition, and the whole team need to step up a bloody big gear from that.
However, that - and Utd imploding against the Fornt'neaf mob - makes for a good afternoon.

Last edited:
we would have lost that game 12 months ago under Emery i think.

Who cares if we deserved it, noone deserves to be on that pitch with inflated money football but we still enjoy the game to the best of our capabilities. The worry is more that we can't be putting in performances like that on the regs. And yeah Saka, love that kid.

Not a great game against leicester in the WhoCares Carabao Cup tonight. We needed a huge dollop of luck - namely, blunders of tragicomic proportions by the usually-reliable Christian Fuchs to send us on our way.
Also, not really that reliable a guide to future form or progress, iven that 7 of the team who started against Wes Ham were rested.
BUT:
a) we won, and in a knockout cup that's all that really matters
b) more signs of progress. The sign looked organised and cohesive, solid at the back, and some smart attacking moves. They looked like they were up for it.
Now sign those bloody midfielders, Arteta. Sell GUendouzzi and a centre back,, you have those to spare

the Express are saying Aouar has chosen to join us, but no fee finalised. A deal for Thomas Party hinges on whether we can find a buyer (and decent perice) for Torreira.
I must admit, I liked what i saw of Torreira, but Arteta clearly doesn't rate him

To add; Aouar would reportedly have preferred to join Juve or Barca, but no bid came from either.
Also; Atletico Madrid are interested in Torreira, but with Partey the release clause is still the glitch
e2a: also, arsenal want a permanent deal for Torreira as part of the deal, Atletico are holding out for loan, with option to buy

Last edited:
Not a great game against leicester in the WhoCares Carabao Cup tonight. We needed a huge dollop of luck - namely, blunders of tragicomic proportions by the usually-reliable Christian Fuchs to send us on our way.
Also, not really that reliable a guide to future form or progress, iven that 7 of the team who started against Wes Ham were rested.
BUT:
a) we won, and in a knockout cup that's all that really matters
b) more signs of progress. The sign looked organised and cohesive, solid at the back, and some smart attacking moves. They looked like they were up for it.
Now sign those bloody midfielders, Arteta. Sell GUendouzzi and a centre back,, you have those to spare
Not Christian Fuchs who writes about surveillance I hope

Back
Top Bottom