Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukip - why are they gaining support?

That's a no then. Thanks you for taking the time to undo your own claims.

Odd how:

Overall, we find UKIP support is concentrated among middle aged, financially insecure men with a Conservative background and is significantly higher among the skilled working classes who have been most exposed to competition from the European Common Market. UKIP supporters are also more likely than voters in general to read regularly one of Britain’s Euro- sceptic right-wing‘tabloid’ newspapers, though such papers are also popular with supporters of the mainstream Conservative Party.

Can be spun isn't it jon? Odd how it becomes "Middle aged to retired, professional/management,"

What does "skilled working classes" mean? Is that like my dad? A fucking shit hot carpenter who probably makes more money a year than all the managers and some of the directors at the company I work for? Bullshit is such a person "working class". The rest of it is exactly what I said from my second post.

It doesn't mean:

where did you get that from? Exactly.

and no, the rest of it isn't.

I got it from page 9 of the document you linked to. 52% of the people are professional/managerial, or skilled manual. Ie fucking self employed plumbers and shit, probably clearing more than you and I earn combined.

12% semi skilled/unskilled/never worked.

The rest made up by categories that are utterly meaningless ("routine non manual" and "other")

Do read your own links.

I got it from page 9 of the document you linked to. 52% of the people are professional/managerial, or skilled manual. Ie fucking self employed plumbers and shit, probably clearing more than you and I earn combined.

12% semi skilled/unskilled/never worked.

The rest made up by categories that are utterly meaningless ("routine non manual" and "other")

Do read your own links.
Yes i do. Which is why i know that the idea that you've put forward - that the mass of UKIP voter is Middle professional/management is destroyed by it. You even do it here for me and for others who can't be bothered to read it.

What is the argument presented in this report jon? Is it that people who think like you are wrong?

Yes i do. Which is why i know that the idea that you've put forward - that the mass of UKIP voter is Middle professional/management is destroyed by it. You even do it here for me and for others who can't be bothered to read it.

What is the argument presented in this report jon? Is it that people who think like you are wrong?

Managerial/professional, skilled manual, and, whilst we're at it, "other", making up 63% of the vote. Compared to 12% semi skilled/unskilled/never worked.

What about those figures is wrong? How much money do the people in the former categories get, compared to the people in the latter?

You're just saying things. Ask me a question or say something. I can do it - you think that saying 52% of the UKIP is professional/management means that there voters are therefore those people. I think this destroys your lazy assumptions about what constitutes the UKIP vote. And each time you say they are right you hammer the nail home.

Oh hang on, you're not someone who thinks the working class = semi skilled/unskilled/never worked? Oh dear :D

You're just saying things. Ask me a question or say something. I can do it - you think that saying 52% of the UKIP is professional/management means that there voters are therefore those people. I think this destroys your lazy assumptions about what constitutes the UKIP vote. And each time you say they are right you hammer the nail home.

Oh hang on, you're not someone who thinks the working class = semi skilled/unskilled/never worked? Oh dear :D

I'm someone who thinks the people who wrote the study think that. What with them having grouped people by social class into these categories. Again, do read the articles you link to. (That was a suggestion, not a question, btw).

butchers do us favour and just say what you think the fucking link says.
What? a) In what way are you incapable of clicking on the link and b) in what way is the discussion about me hiding what i think the links says? I am quote clear in what the links says - the link shows that old attitude of who votes for UKIP (old tories, rural poshoes) is wrong and based on social assumptions. Good intro co-op, i'm sure this'll be another winner for you.

What? a) In what way are you incapable of clicking on the link and b) in what way is the discussion about me hiding what i think the links says? I am quote clear in what the links says - the link shows that old attitude of who votes for UKIP (old tories, rural poshoes) is wrong and based on social assumptions. Good intro co-op, i'm sure this'll be another winner for you.

There's a fucking clear overlap between UKIP voters and tories so you're talking crap right there.

We argue what their demographic is ,but you can bet your bottom dollar the tories have spent good money trying to find out:p

I'm someone who thinks the people who wrote the study think that. What with them having grouped people by social class into these categories. Again, do read the articles you link to. (That was a suggestion, not a question, btw).
Then you are not able to read the report right - and should not be allowed near such tables.

There's a fuckin g clear overlap between UKIP voters and tories so you're talking crap right there.
Who has said different? Not me. When you suggest that i have, you're talking crap right?

All the other stuff from my post - just ignored? Well done co-op. Well done.

Who has said different? Not me. When you suggest that i have, you're talking crap right?

All the other stuff from my post - just ignored? Well done co-op. Well done.

:D

You do talk some serious shite, ba you make me laugh. Have fun with your witterings.

:D

You do talk some serious shite, ba you make me laugh. Have fun with your witterings.
Hang on, you invented something that i said then said that it's not true. This after making up some other bollocks as you couldn't be bothered to read what 20 posts. Into the ditch. Idiot. I'm off now i've read the thread.

Then you are not able to read the report right - and should not be allowed near such tables.

So explain to me what "social class" means, please. And why they appear to have ordered employment categories by money earned, rather than some other, potentially more useful, way of doing it.

You don't seem to be saying much on this thread. Just criticising me for not understanding, when your own level of comprehension can hardly be considered to have been demonstrated. Is there any chance you just jumped straight to the conclusions?

Hang on, you invented something that i said then said that it's not true. This after making up some other bollocks as you couldn't be bothered to read what 20 posts. Into the ditch. Idiot. I'm off now i've read the thread.

Yes butchers, that's exactly what happened. Genius. When did I say I was off btw? I'm expecting an answer if you can concoct one.

So explain to me what "social class" means, please. And why they appear to have ordered employment categories by money earned, rather than some other, potentially more useful, way of doing it.

You don't seem to be saying much on this thread. Just criticising me for not understanding, when your own level of comprehension can hardly be considered to have been demonstrated. Is there any chance you just jumped straight to the conclusions?

Hang on, i should explain to you what social class means when you're a) using it to argue that the mass of UKIP voters are managerial
'professional despite it showing that 52% are, and b) how this doesn't relate to income at all.

Saying much? I've said the stereotype of the UKIP voter is wrong and here's why. What have you said?

Yes butchers, that's exactly what happened. Genius. When did I say I was off btw? I'm expecting an answer if you can concoct one.
It's what you normally do. And yes it's exactly what you did. You came in with a mad post then followed it up with an invention.

images

It's what you normally do. And yes it's exactly what you did. You came in with a mad post then followed it up with an invention.

Oh it wasn't mad it was totally insane butchers. Asking you what you think! No answer to my question I note. Why's that then? Losing the plot? Eh?

The few UKIP supporters I know support them because they wish to leave the EU & stop immigration. These are their only only reasons for supporting UKIP. These people would be considered working class if they worked.

Back
Top Bottom