Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Turkey vs Italy - 11/06/21 (20:00 UK time)

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
Turkey have never beaten Italy, losing seven of 10 encounters, although the two most recent fixtures - friendlies in 2002 and 2006 - ended in 1-1 draws.

The only meeting at a major tournament came exactly 21 years ago (on 11 June) at Euro 2000, when the Azzurri won 2-1 in Arnhem thanks to goals from Antonio Conte and Pippo Inzaghi. Okan Buruk briefly equalized for the Turks, scoring their first goal at a European Championship finals.

Although it is #cominghome this time I think Italy are under estimated compared to France, Germany, Belgium, etc...

My tip for runners up :cool:

Turkey have never beaten Italy, losing seven of 10 encounters, although the two most recent fixtures - friendlies in 2002 and 2006 - ended in 1-1 draws.

The only meeting at a major tournament came exactly 21 years ago (on 11 June) at Euro 2000, when the Azzurri won 2-1 in Arnhem thanks to goals from Antonio Conte and Pippo Inzaghi. Okan Buruk briefly equalized for the Turks, scoring their first goal at a European Championship finals.
turkey have just been lulling italy into a false sense of security and now, while the italians think they'll have it all their own way, they'll emulate the assyrians and come down like a wolf on the fold.

That's my prediction too. I can see it being a cagey affair with the turks scoring in the first half and Italy bombarding their goal and scoring in the second. First match of a tournament is usually a bit slow and Italy never start well.

2-1 with Turkeys winner being either contraversial / last minute gasper

ETA: I'm adopting France for this, as it's where I live now, and since my support is the kiss of death to most teams, that's my gift to England. 👍

Last edited:
I’ve got both teams to score and a draw . Was going for Italy 2-1 but had a last minute reflection. Tbh this could be anything .

They’ve occasionally done better on the left hand side . They’ll be a threat with set pieces Bonucci is still a monster in the opponents box . Italy have got two forwards with good movement who are used to packed defences . Anyway Turkey defended well and caused a little alarm with Italy’s high line .

How was that not a penalty, considering the one given against Wales last week?

Back
Top Bottom