Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Trump's impeachment pt. 2

89-11 to go ahead. Four hours of debate about whether they can really have a debate now follows.

:oldthumbsup:I've got a buzz on.

House impeachment are using the Belknap case as a precedent.

Starting on April 5, 1876, Belknap was tried by the Senate.[88] For several weeks Senators argued over whether the Senate had jurisdiction to put Belknap on trial since he had already resigned office in March.[89] Belknap's defense managers argued that the Senate had no jurisdiction;[89] the Senate ruled by a vote of 37–29 that it did.[89][90] Belknap was charged with five articles of impeachment, and the Senate listened to over 40 witnesses.[3] With 40 votes needed for conviction, the Senate voted 35 to 25 to convict Belknap, with one Senator not voting, thus acquitting Belknap of all charges by failing to reach the required two-thirds majority.[3][89][91] All Senators agreed that Belknap took the money from Marsh, but 23 who voted for acquittal believed that the Senate did not have jurisdiction.[89][91] Grant's speedy acceptance of Belknap's resignation undoubtedly saved him from conviction.[91] After the trial, Belknap's wife and children traveled to and remained in Europe.[89] Former Senator Matthew H. Carpenter of Wisconsin, who had defended Belknap at the Senate trial, said that Belknap was entirely innocent and that if he outlived Belknap he would clear Belknap's name.[92] Carpenter was reelected to the Senate in 1879, but had been in ill health; he died in February 1881, but never produced any new evidence.[92]

Raskin is really haming it up.I'm looking forward to the defence lol .

Last edited:
Does he have to lick his lips between every sentence ?

FFS he is hamming it up now . Class .
Yay . And it continues .

Last edited:
Perhaps it was a cunning plan to get sympathy for Trump having such a shit lawyer. Not that there was much of a case anyway, and not that it make any difference to the verdict.

The tweet is gone now but I assume it is the head covering gesture he makes when drinking water?

I read yesterday that he is an observant Jewish man and in the absence of his yarmulka it is to cover his head and say a blessing when eating or drinking.

i7nuonyl4ig61.jpg

Fantastic showing by the Impeachment managers and dreadfully weak rebuttal from the defense, but it looks like the facts will mean nothing as the GOP, in the main, are cowering behind their 'unconstitutional' defense.
The defence can be as shit as they like. The Senate will fail to convict trump because those spineless, grasping wankers will not want to stick their heads above the parapet. The republicans are right to call it a waste of time as they've already made their decision. Fucking oxygen thieves.

Fantastic showing by the Impeachment managers and dreadfully weak rebuttal from the defense, but it looks like the facts will mean nothing as the GOP, in the main, are cowering behind their 'unconstitutional' defense.

Tbf the managers could have at least called a fucking witness . A lack of effort due to pessimism :/

Edit : Witnesses have been voted for . Trump is not happy . Woop.

Last edited:
Why the fuck has both the BBC & Sky cancelled the news to show this pantomime live?

We all know what the outcome will be, and it certainly isn't fucking news. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom