Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender is it just me that is totally perplexed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TERFs is abusive. TERF is a slur documents the many creative ways that women who question trans ideology (note: not violently) are verbally attacked.

It's not violence though because words are not violence. Punching people in the face is violence
Ah twitter.

I wonder what the list of tweets slagging off transgender people would look like.

It's not slagging off. It's violent threats and fantasies of carrying them out. Can't you see the difference here? How many women are actually threatening trans people with violence like this?

Some of the lower ones are slagging off, but ok, I wonder what the list of tweets of violent threats and fantasies against transgender people would look like.

As to how many women are threatening violence, I don't know. Twitter is full of idiots.

TERFs is abusive. TERF is a slur documents the many creative ways that women who question trans ideology (note: not violently) are verbally attacked.

It's not violence though because words are not violence. Punching people in the face is violence

Blimey, Trashpony, who are those people? Surely not representative of anything other than shitwipes. Have to wonder what other variables are in the mix to engender such manic hatred. Surely this isn't any sort of transactivism though...just something altogether...I dunno, primitive - all sorts of weird developmental stuff...and of course, the internet anonymity.

As a cis man, I wouldn't compare TERF's to fascists, but I can easily see why any trans person would (both do try to deny your existence). 'decided not to make their lies look like legitimate opinions' is absolutely spot on and why it is right to protest such events, not legitimise them.

Hateful bigotry may look like fascism, but it isn't if it doesn't share the characteristics of wanting a fascist state. It's a ridiculous comparison.

It's not slagging off. It's violent threats and fantasies of carrying them out. Can't you see the difference here? How many women are actually threatening trans people with violence like this?
and yet when trans women engage in exactly the same slagging off its sudden not alright. Double standards. Hypocrisy.

Blimey, Trashpony, who are those people? Surely not representative of anything other than shitwipes. Have to wonder what other variables are in the mix to engender such manic hatred. Surely this isn't any sort of transactivism though...just something altogether...I dunno, primitive - all sorts of weird developmental stuff...and of course, the internet anonymity.
That's my point really. Transactivism has become a vehicle for a some really horrible misogyny.
I dunno who they are. I think a lot of men who really, really hate women are climbing on the transactivism bandwagon because it gives them legitimacy. It's really frightening

With these kind of violent fantasies?
Like the violent fantasies of TERFs? Probably not as prevelent. I rarely see it.

and, unless you can show where trans women have been carrying out mass attacks on TERFs then they are very much fantasies.

Are you trying to prove something here?

And how many of those are from women? It's overwhelmingly men that physically attack trans people.
That's not really the question though. A bunch of vile tweets was collected over a period of time (about two years by the looks of it) using some kind of search technique to find tweets from trans women attacking terfs. What would a similar list look like from someone searching for hateful tweets about trans women from women over a period of two years? I don't know, but it wouldn't be pretty, and there would probably be a hundred times more tweets from men, but I'd be cherry-picking so I'd ignore those.

That's not really the question though. A bunch of vile tweets was collected over a period of time (about two years by the looks of it) using some kind of search technique to find tweets from trans women attacking terfs. What would a similar list look like from someone searching for hateful tweets about trans women from women over a period of two years? I don't know, but it wouldn't be pretty, and there would probably be a hundred times more tweets from men, but I'd be cherry-picking so I'd ignore those.
So, with no evidence at all, you have a feeling that women probably tweet similar stuff. FFS. That's lame as fuck, even for you.

I did read that earlier this afternoon after googling what terf meant!
To get an idea of the kind of abuse trans people are subjected to in the UK you might try this:

http://www.galop.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/The-Hate-Crime-Report-2016.pdf

In the USA they are being murdered at the rate of more than two a month. 18 so far this year, last time I looked (August).

Trans people are overwhelmingly on the receiving end of abuse. Some of the comments on this thread are both ignorant and bigoted, and yet Urban has a fairly progressive reputation. I shudder to think what kind of crap is dished out elsewhere.

To get an idea of the kind of abuse trans people are subjected to in the UK you might try this:

http://www.galop.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/The-Hate-Crime-Report-2016.pdf

In the USA they are being murdered at the rate of more than two a month. 18 so far this year, last time I looked (August).

Trans people are overwhelmingly on the receiving end of abuse. Some of the comments on this thread are both ignorant and bigoted, and yet Urban has a fairly progressive reputation. I shudder to think what kind of crap is dished out elsewhere.

Who has argued in this thread that transpeople aren't victims of hate crime?

So, with no evidence at all, you have a feeling that women probably tweet similar stuff. FFS. That's lame as fuck, even for you.
Cursory look at twitter brings up all kinds of tweets by women fantasising about killing men. I'm sure if I looked a bit harder I could find some about killing transgender folk. Twitter is full of hateful bile.

Your link to a bunch of violent tweets on its own proves nothing.

That's my point really. Transactivism has become a vehicle for a some really horrible misogyny.
I dunno who they are. I think a lot of men who really, really hate women are climbing on the transactivism bandwagon because it gives them legitimacy. It's really frightening
So, with no evidence at all, you have a feeling that men are using "transactivism" to spread misogyny. FFS. That's lame as fuck, even for you.

A woman is murdered EVERY WEEK in the UK. It's been that way for years and years. And no one gives a shit. Suddenly, men who identify as women are being killed and it's a big deal. I agree, it's fucking awful, and something needs to be done about it. But women are still killed more often. And NO ONE CARES.

A woman is murdered EVERY WEEK in the UK. It's been that way for years and years. And no one gives a shit. Suddenly, men who identify as women are being killed and it's a big deal. I agree, it's fucking awful, and something needs to be done about it. But women are still killed more often. And NO ONE CARES.
4 a week, 2 by partners actually. The point is that the level of murders of transpeople is far greater for their numbers in the population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom