Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender hate crimes recorded by police go up 81%

In fact the article says it's impossible to be sure. You seem determined trans people have it easier than anyone else and easier than they have said on these boards.

"Penis people" :rolleyes:
And? Am I threatening literal violence and denying trans women the right to exist?

Or could there be a point that if the penis people were dealing with this it would not be happening?

Yes must not be an uppity woman and must make sure I police my language if I want to have a civil conversation. Bad lady

Everyone has to consider their choice of words if they want to communicate with those who differ from them. If saying whatever you want is really your priority that's fine, but don't then pretend you're the one looking for compromise while everyone else is being unreasonable.

And? Am I threatening literal violence and denying trans women the right to exist?

Or could there be a point that if the penis people were dealing with this it would not be happening?
This makes me slighty embarrassed to be a woman and begs the question will the phrase vagina people be used at some point :facepalm:

Judith, straight up question?...Has the term 'penis people' gained traction in the wider/general debate because it will include trans women who retain male genitals?
No
It was a throw away line but if i was to think about it I would not include trans women.
But it really shouldn't require interrogation as I was being flippant

No
It was a throw away line but if i was to think about it I would not include trans women.
But it really shouldn't require interrogation as I was being flippant

Woman says something flippant: Bad lady. Police that language

BBC, NHS, Cancer Charities continually use dehumanising language against women: Crickets

Steady. Your agenda is showing.
My agenda is female people have the right to discuss issues. If they say something that might happen to upset men then they have the right to continue discussions and ignore attempts to shut them down. It's that simple

My agenda is female people have the right to discuss issues. If they say something that might happen to upset men then they have the right to continue discussions and ignore attempts to shut them down. It's that simple
Nah, you want to be able to say what you want uncritically and when challenged claim flippancy, or that teh menz do it, or get passive aggressive about being a bad lady, etc etc. At the very least show some fucking honesty.

smokedout I cannot find the stats you mention. This is what I found. And the chart on the following page did not provide the info you stated. If I am looking in the wrong place, please let me know.

Sexual orientation, disability and transgender identityIn 2017/18, the police recorded 11,638 sexual orientation hate crimes (up 27%), 7,226 disability hate crimes (up 30%) and 1,651 transgender identity hate crimes (up 32%). These large percentage increases across all three strands may suggest that increases are due to the improvements made by the police into their identification and recording of hate crime offences and more people coming forward to report these crimes rather than a genuine increase...

...Transgender identity hate crime was the least commonly recorded hate crime in all 44 forces

You are kidding me?

We are already referred to as "people who get pregnant", "cervix havers" and more
Oh well thats fine lets all descend into puerile name calling on a thread about violence against transpeople, though i suppose its slightly better than the total dismisal of the facts or the whataboutery or the how very dare you's, never mind being embarassed about being a woman i'm embarassed to be a human being right now.

The attempts at silencing someone is quite unbelievable.

Total capitulation or be damned

Get over yourselves guys

smokedout and I are managing to discuss Home Office stats even though they called me a nasty piece of work. I think others can get over me flippantly using the term penis people

ETA and I have made it clear I was not including trans women. No outrage needed

You are kidding me?

We are already referred to as "people who get pregnant", "cervix havers" and more
Both those terms are to include trans men. It’s really important that trans men are included in cervical cancer initiatives. Talking about “people with cervixes” rather than “women” is more polite and inclusive. It doesn’t erase my womanhood if I notice that trans men are being included.

Both those terms are to include trans men. It’s really important that trans men are included in cervical cancer initiatives. Talking about “people with cervixes” rather than “women” is more polite and inclusive. It doesn’t erase my womanhood if I notice that trans men are being included.
Most trans men I know really don't give a shit and in fact being included insults them and accentuates their dysphoria. It is not trans men who are kicking up a fuss about not being included.

ETA and it's not all about you

Back
Top Bottom