Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory wars

brogdale

Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism
Some thought it might be useful to have a thread dedicated to this current bout of internecine factional warfare amongst the vermin connected with Johnson's future as 'leader', so here goes.

Shall we kick off with the VC of the '22 taking their claims of blackmail to the OB?

Looked at objectively and aside from the great avalanche of shite atm, this is quite an extraordinary turn of events.

That interview where he fucked off quicker than shit off a shovel when asked about Johnson was very revealing, inexperienced politically and not a great liking of being put on the spot. He won't last 5 mins when the economic chickens come hoe to roost . As they are starting to do.

That interview where he fucked off quicker than shit off a shovel when asked about Johnson was very revealing, inexperienced politically and not a great liking of being put on the spot. He won't last 5 mins when the economic chickens come hoe to roost . As they are starting to do.

Interesting, I saw the same interview and took exact opposite view; he said the bare minimum of what he had to say to be a loyal member of government, but when pressed on it he done the Frank knowing full well what inferences would be drawn by that.

Interesting, I saw the same interview and took exact opposite view; he said the bare minimum of what he had to say to be a loyal member of government, but when pressed on it he done the Frank knowing full well what inferences would be drawn by that.
Dunno really just my impression, the way he upped and left without even attempting to mouth some platitudes like a more experienced operator would stuck out for me. Not a good look, only time will tell obvs.

Dunno really just my impression, the way he upped and left without even attempting to mouth some platitudes like a more experienced operator would stuck out for me. Not a good look, only time will tell obvs.

Yeah, dunno either, just found it interesting we took opposing views from watching the same thing, politics eh? And yeah, he'll turn out to be a tedious old cunt like all the rest of them anyway.

And...news from another front which, in more ordinary times, might be considered serious for a Prime Minister?

View attachment 307255

View attachment 307256

"...thankyou and goodbye." :D
oh no, not fraud in a scheme he oversaw! That might have got in the way of his fast tracking his mates' companies and all the other 'conflicts he had to oversee as a procurement minister who just happened to run a company that helps companies apply for government procurement contracts.

Christian Wakeford might not be the last Tory to cross the floor and join Labour, rumour has it that up to another 10 are in talks to do likewise.

Normally it is the LibDems who are the recipients of Tory defectors not the Labour Party, but it is the ex Labour constituencies who voted Tory at the last election that now according to opinion polls will in all probability return to Labour that have given these Tory MPs the jitters, and at the end of the day they believe themselves to be career politicians.

Johnson of course is the main reason for the defection with Downing Street partying denials found to be blatant lies, and also the levelling up of the North of England simply sloganeering with no new money available, and all the promises post Brexit mere fantasy.

Wakeford has a woeful voting record for anyone on the Left to stomach, so would any other defector as they towed the political line of possibly the most right wing government in UK history.

It is up to the appropriate CLP members to decide Wakeford and any other Tory defector's fate, they can even be deselected if found to self interested charlatans, however for Labour it is a win win, not only is this further damage to Johnson, his government and Tory majority, but Labour are almost guaranteed to get the so called red wall seats back.

Johnson had a slight reprieve as the Tory tribe reunited after Wakeford's defection, but David Davis also did damage to Johnson with his call to resign.

So for Johnson he will stumble on from day to day hoping that Dominic Cummings does not have any further political hand grenades to throw or Sue Gray cannot help deliver the final coup de grace.

Is it just me or is that Truss seems not at all connected with any of this shit?

Back
Top Bottom