Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory Leadership contest 2022

Not with any of the tory voters I know (admittedly only half a dozen people, so rather anecdotal). What would really get them wound up would be to have two Asians to choose between. I suspect that would lead to them cancelling their membership.
Win either way then

All the candidates doing the sunday morning shows at the mo. Shapps is easily the best communicator. Must be all that practice he got being wheeled out to defend the indefensible day after day.

At the moment they all seem to be involved in a bit of a pissing contest over who is going to be the biggest tax cutter of them all.
Despite a complete lack of evidence that it works cutting taxes to stimulate growth is a bit of a holy grail on the economic right.

At the moment they all seem to be involved in a bit if a pissing contest over who is going to be the biggest tax cutter of them all.
Despite a complete lack of evidence that it works cutting taxes to stimulate growth is a bit of a holy grail on the economic right.

It’s just positioning against sunak I’d imagine. It’ll be one of them against him so they’ll try to win the swivel eye members vs his ‘sensible’ conservatism.

I think and hope that would finish the Tories off at the next election :rolleyes::D
They are fucked whoever takes over , been in power too long , they are at the stage the Tories were in 64 & 97, & Labour were in 2010, totally spent, about to go into the political wilderness. Loads of Tory voters are fucked off with the "betrayal" of Boris . Arguably the red wall seats fell to them due to Boris. There's no magic pill of brexit to vote for now , so there's loads of one term mps who'll need to get proper jobs shortly.

Fuck knows what a Starmer government will be like 🤣

It is delicious seeing the in-fighting going on , the reinstate Boris petition (he's still PM ffs) the rumours he will do a Major and run for leadership. Boris staff leaking sensitive info about Tory scandal to Labour 🤣

When Tories fall out , they really fucking fall out.

It is delicious seeing the in-fighting going on , the reinstate Boris petition (he's still PM ffs) the rumours he will do a Major and run for leadership. Boris staff leaking sensitive info about Tory scandal to Labour 🤣

When Tories fall out , they really fucking fall out.
Because they are self-centred and think in terms of the best way to get an advantage over everyone else, otherwise they wouldn't be tories.

Is a Tory leadership election the only form of contest where with each addition of a new competitor, you feel like the choice is worse than it was before?

The vibe you get with each new announcement is not so much 'democracy at work' as 'Ta da! We STILL haven't run out of cunts!' I actually preferred the coronation of Johnson last time round - at least we only had to listen to two of them.

I think it's great that a politician should involve a year 8 Media Studies class in her campaign...
It's all about the kids , they are the future , teach them well and I can't remember the rest of the lyrics

How many more times are we gonna hear "I came to the country with nothing. I know what its like" statements from these Tory candidates?
You still going to represent the interest of the well-off so cut the crap.

At the moment they all seem to be involved in a bit of a pissing contest over who is going to be the biggest tax cutter of them all.
Got to do what your boss says...

Back
Top Bottom