Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory Leadership contest 2022

but in law, yes. King could dissolve parliament and force a GE, if he feels like it, which who knows why not he might because he waited 60 years for having any power knows he'll be dead soon and probably thinks Johnson is a heinous bounder.
It's not a hung parliament so he wouldn't do it as it would be seen as "political".

Can’t get happy about any of it. It’s not like the money and interests behind it are going to disappear is it

You sound like Smokeandsteam now.

I long ago gave up hope for change in my lifetime. Sure you keep fighting etc but the revolution is not on the horizon. But things like this? The biggest most stupid implosion of the Tory party ever? If I can't dance to this I'm not coming to your party.

You don’t think the long term destruction of the Tory Party is a step forward? It begs the question, what does a step forward look like in your view?
I’m a doom person, find it much easier to imagine a far right ascendancy rising from the ashes than a sunny outcome to their implosion as a party.

This is worth a read

His opponents must know his return sounds the death knell. They (hopefully) will take up cudgels, the roar of the arena loud in their ears, the smell of blood in their nostrils and attack! Throw shit, quick!
It'll be absorbed by Johnson, the only way to get rid of him is wash him away

Back
Top Bottom