Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Top Gear 2016 who should the presenters be?

Guy Martin has been suggested. However, we all know the BBC will not be replacing it and the three will go to Sky in a big-bucks deal in a show almost identical to Top Gear, just with a slightly different name. I wouldn't be surprised if they even film it in the same studio and track.

TT racer from the Midlands, whose done a couple of series for C4 one about breaking various records the other about renovating a narrow boat

TT racer from the Midlands, whose done a couple of series for C4 one about breaking various records the other about renovating a narrow boat
Oh yeah he's the bloke who trundled around India on a Enfield.I was surprised that a working class bloke would get even short series like that,seems sensible although his old Volvo estate which he's had up too 205mph means maybe not as sensible as he appears.

Guy Martin has been suggested. However, we all know the BBC will not be replacing it and the three will go to Sky in a big-bucks deal in a show almost identical to Top Gear, just with a slightly different name. I wouldn't be surprised if they even film it in the same studio and track.
Which will have watching figures of perhaps half a million for the first episode and then average 100k viewers for the reminder of its life, and is cancelled after two years tops.

The one thing Murdoch cannot crack in this country is to get any meaningful viewing figures for Sky 1. I suspect someone with the ego of Clarkson is considering that very carefully.

Oh I think BBC2 will continue with Top Gear with one two or three new presenters. Whether the new line-up will prove as popular as the last one time will tell but it is too large an income stream for them to end it without an attempt to continue.

I feel sorry for the Indian bloke who is the voice of Clarkson on the Indian dubbed show who kind of knew he would lose his job over this through no fault of his own. He commented that they made great efforts to translate as exactly as possible what Clarkson said, however silly or weird it was. Such dedication deserves something :)

Oh I think BBC2 will continue with Top Gear with one two or three new presenters. Whether the new line-up will prove as popular as the last one time will tell but it is too large an income stream for them to end it without an attempt to continue.
When Angus Deayton was sacked many thought HIGNFY was doomed, but the 'guest host' format did in fact inject new life into it. If the BBC decides to keep the programme I'm sure it'll do well.

Think all three will leave either to Murdoch or Netflix (it's the global viewing that has value) which will make it easier for the beeb to change tack, worst thing they could do is bring in someone pretending to be Clarkson

Think all three will leave either to Murdoch or Netflix
Rumour is that Netflix have already got May & Hammond, with Clarkson wavering between them and ITV. If Netflix do get all three, the name of the show will be "House of Cars"

I don't give a shit about top gear, but I love a good pun :D

If they go to any form of pay TV that will be the last I will see of them.
Not that it matters, and not that I am particularly bothered.

john craven, maggie philbin and keith chegwin

_60279704_swapshop.jpg

just without the twat on the right.

I think the BBC will go with three new Presenters. Top Gear is a wildly successful brand (I think it generates renenuve of about 40 million a year for the BBC, and that's exluding BBC world wide, and the magazine) As to the presenters plausible alternatives would be Jodie Kidd, Charlie Boorman (ugh), or er. I think that's the major problem for the Beeb, they could probably replace one of the three, but finding three new presenters with the right chemistry would be a fucking nightmare.

As to the May/Hammond/Clarkeson show, it'll either go to Sky or Netflix. I think ITVs problem is that they'll dither about when they'd broadcast their Top Gear rival, because for much of the show's run, it was actively competing against successful ITV shows like Downtown. Mind you downtown is going off the air this year.

I think the BBC will go with three new Presenters. Top Gear is a wildly successful brand (I think it generates renenuve of about 40 million a year for the BBC, and that's exluding BBC world wide, and the magazine)
if the tories allow them to still make it

Sabine Schmidt, Jodie Kidd and Guy Martin would be a good combo, I reckon.

They will never go with two women. (not that two women couldnt be perfectly good hosts) more that the BBC would fear losing the "blokey 30 going on 13" lads key demographic. One token "fit bird" who knows cars (Schmidt or Kidd).

I think the thing the BBC are wondering if they do, do a new top gear, will it be the exact same show. Will they still do "Star in a reasonably car" for example. Clarkeson for all his faults was a reasonably good talkshow host for that bit, and it's shows as that over the years the quality of their guests just grew and grew, with lots of really big names coming on the show simply for the pleasure of lashing about the track. Not to mention the F1 drivers rivalry.

Back
Top Bottom