Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Top Gear 2016 who should the presenters be?

Me, Bruce Springsteen (who's written more songs about cars than anyone ever) and Jenson Button (who won't have an F1 drive next year). Also for balance I'd invite the leader of the Green Party, that 'brain fade' woman.

Yes Sabine Schmidt I think, she sure can drive so she might be interesting.

As to Brundle, could be interesting ..

Indidentally I always get pissed off with Clarkson powersliding all these expensive cars round the corners, with tyres that cost a weeks wages which are totalled as a result, it isn't the fastest way around the corner as evidenced by the fact that the Stig never does it on his hot laps and if a normal road user did it they would have no tyres left to drive home on.
Brundle would be about as interesting as a book of carpet samples.

And you're missing the point about all the tyre smoke and power sliding - it's not mean to be the quickest way round, it's the most fun.

Barry Crump would have been ideal (unfortunately he's been dead for twenty years) amongst his great ideas was if out of petrol pour shingle into the petrol tank which will raise the remaining petrol to the level of the tank filter which by design is not at the bottom of the tank.I recommend his book "A Good Keen Man" for motoring tips you'll read nowhere else.

Last edited:
Like some of the above options. Guy Martin is perhaps a bit too bike-oriented. Idris Elba maybe. I quite liked Fuzz Townshend in that C4 car restoration thing.

I think it should be Michael Portillo. He's never off the tele and has ruined rail by talking about it and enjoying it. Him. Then Boris Jonson could co-dee with him, the fat bastard. Then have Russel Brand as the counterweight, extolling the virtues of canals etc etc

They could have a show hosted by people who have previously been fired from other BBC shows. Angus Deayton, Richard Bacon...probably not Chris Langham come to think of it.

If we're striving for gender balance then Pippa Mann is better idea than Frau Schmidt as she's driven at a far higher lever (ie not just fannied around at the 'ring) and has more TV experience.

Me, Bruce Springsteen (who's written more songs about cars than anyone ever) and Jenson Button (who won't have an F1 drive next year). Also for balance I'd invite the leader of the Green Party, that 'brain fade' woman.

Springsteen could test cars for how comfortable they are in slow moving traffic, when the highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.

This. I might actually start watching Top Gear again if they have guest presenters.
Guest presenters would not be able to compare the car they just tested with those tested on previous episodes, I don't think it would work.

I do think there is quite a chance of this scenario, that Hammond and May might not renew their contracts once Clarkson is ejected. It will be interesting to see what the BBC decide to do either way.

Back
Top Bottom