Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Top Gear 2016 who should the presenters be?

I had kind of hoped the new host would use the first episode to poke fun at the things Clarkson loves the most and give air time to the things he hates. Like perhaps crush a Range Rover with a tank followed by racing various super bikes around the track and ensure their lap times go to the top of the leaderboard. And make a Prius the next reasonably priced car. But Evans is a pal, so it ain't going to happen.

I fucking hate Chris Evans. Not that I had any intention of watching Tory Gear but now I risk seeing his stupid face when I change channel.

"Ooh I wonder what my rich friends are driving. They're all fabulous because they're rich and they give so much money to charity" FUCK THE FUCK OFF CUNT FACE.

don't forget you fucking toothbrush

Evans is a cunt and one of the best send ups I've ever seen is when Paul Kaye did a great little sketch sending up his Radio 1 show which has sadly never surfaced on the internetz.

However,

There was one episode of DFYT when the whole audience got sent on holiday at the end and it was amazing telly.

CE is a bit of JC reincarnated. Now JC is out, I might be tempted to watch. Evans is promising revised formats which can only be good. I see they are interviewing for co-presenters, Edd China?
th

There must be something in the formula for producing a popular money making car show that requires adolescence. I'll watch the new show because it can't be any worse than the last one. I don't expect that a show should be dry and boring but it should be about the cars and not the personalities and silly circus stunts...but then I'm just a viewer and not a BBC executive.

CE is a bit of JC reincarnated. Now JC is out, I might be tempted to watch. Evans is promising revised formats which can only be good. I see they are interviewing for co-presenters, Edd China?
th

Tall man is my favorite of all mechanics on any show. Only thing is - presenters tend to be more of the wealthy enthusiasts and not working man types.

If not Edd, what about:
images

From For the Love of Cars. He's a good enough grease monkey, and has experience restoring up market cars for rich people. I would imagine that this mix of skills could work.

I fucking hate Chris Evans. Not that I had any intention of watching Tory Gear but now I risk seeing his stupid face when I change channel.
Yeah. Chris Evans has an annoying childrens tv energy - the reason Top Gear worked is that at its heart is a level of grumpiness from the presenters which keeps the whole thing grounded somehow. I only caught TG occasionally and despite the many annoying elements it was an entertaining watch for what it was - there is no way a Chris Evans led one will be half as good.

I find that whenever the question of who should be the new X, whether its James Bond or Richard Whiteley, the answer is usually Bill Bailey

If not Edd, what about:

From For the Love of Cars. He's a good enough grease monkey, and has experience restoring up market cars for rich people. I would imagine that this mix of skills could work.

In one of the love of cars show, they showed a Daimler Dart police car which I believe Evans bought for approx. £50K.

In one of the love of cars show, they showed a Daimler Dart police car which I believe Evans bought for approx. £50K.
I saw the programme, it was about the SD1 police car, I didn't know the Dart was CE's car though.

Best presenter would be the German lady from German Vs England challenge. Have google spelling of her name.

I like that show
What I like so much is that it isn't just about cars and fixing them up, but it also has humour and entertainment value, which is why I think that Ant might be better than Edd who can appear too dry for the TG format.

What I like so much is that it isn't just about cars and fixing them up, but it also has humour and entertainment value, which is why I think that Ant might be better than Edd who can appear too dry for the TG format.
they do like a bit of a sob story too - there was one about a beetle that had been bought by a bloke into beetles who then died and his mate couldn't afford to do it up

We know that Evans owns lots of exotic Ferraris (which he has painted all white, yuk!), is stinking rich and knows a lot about cars in one way, but can he drive or fix cars at all or will he rely on the crew when they are on their adventures overseas?

Back
Top Bottom