Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Top Gear 2016 who should the presenters be?

I think with Evans and perhaps Ball as presenters it will be significantly different from its past, they are quite different characters to Clarkson May and Hammond.

I think with Evans and perhaps Ball as presenters it will be significantly different from its past, they are quite different characters to Clarkson May and Hammond.

For ages now Top Gear has been solely about the the three personas and an established pattern of interaction between the three.
Getting duplicates to play those panto parts would never be anything other than Top Gear light.
They'll need to come up with a new dynamic between presenters. Hopefully it will be entertaining in an organic way and not in the forced way Top Gear had slowly become.

Ok, this Zoe Ball thing might be wrong:

Chris Evans ‏@achrisevans 9 mins9 minutes ago
Hilariously inaccurate story in 2days paper. Re my good friend Zoe Ball excelling in Top Gear screen test. She hasn't even been for one

For ages now Top Gear has been solely about the the three personas and an established pattern of interaction between the three.
Getting duplicates to play those panto parts would never be anything other than Top Gear light.
They'll need to come up with a new dynamic between presenters. Hopefully it will be entertaining in an organic way and not in the forced way Top Gear had slowly become.

There was absolutely no point in Hammond.

I really really hate Chris Evans.

I've probably said that already, but I really do hate him.

Paul Kaye (Dennis Pennis) did a great little skit about his radio show at the time but it's one of the few things I've never been able to track down on Youtube. He played an Evans character with a sycophantic team screaming with laughter at every shit joke he made.

Evans completely loast touch with reality at the time. Remember when he interviewed a local radio DJ who said "Well, we're in the same line of work Chris" in a chummy kind of way? Evans got mad and told him not to dare compare what the two did. Humiliating a nice man on national radio because of his terrible ego problems.

Cunt.

I never really exposed myself to him apart from by accident, but I also determined not to like the guy. However, I have to say, recently I have come to view him as a bit of a phenomenon. He did his TFI Friday, a radio show, bought and sold Virgin radio, owns loads of Ferraris all painted white, does his BBC radio show, runs open nights in a pub (his pub?), organised the Carfest and Airshow at which that plane crashed earlier, now also top gear. Whatever else one thinks of him, he is a bit of a phenomenon.

I never really exposed myself to him apart from by accident, but I also determined not to like the guy. However, I have to say, recently I have come to view him as a bit of a phenomenon. He did his TFI Friday, a radio show, bought and sold Virgin radio, owns loads of Ferraris all painted white, does his BBC radio show, runs open nights in a pub (his pub?), organised the Carfest and Airshow at which that plane crashed earlier, now also top gear. Whatever else one thinks of him, he is a bit of a phenomenon.

I actually liked him when he did his morning TV show. Then he got himself an ego bigger than mount kilimanjaro and turned into a grade A tosser.

Why?
Not being funny but I don't know much about him, I don't think I ever listened to his radio or watched TFI.

He's a terrible bully. He made one of his colleagues confess on air that she'd slept with him in a particularly cruel way, I remember a letter to Timeout from a reader amazed at how he'd bullied a cameraman live on air, he apparently told the audience for an early TV programme he did that if they weren't enthusiastic enough he'd humiliate them on camera, the aforementioned bullying of a local DJ. On and on it goes.

He's a terrible bully. He made one of his colleagues confess on air that she'd slept with him in a particularly cruel way, I remember a letter to Timeout from a reader amazed at how he'd bullied a cameraman live on air, he apparently told the audience for an early TV programme he did that if they weren't enthusiastic enough he'd humiliate them on camera, the aforementioned bullying of a local DJ. On and on it goes.
Oh, OK ... perfect to replace Clarkson on top gear then, wonder how he likes his steak after a hard days filming? :)

I genuinely think he's worse than Clarkson. Clarkson is just a boorish throwback, and he has at least got some awareness of that fact. Sounds like Evans is just a spiteful and deeply unpleasant fucker bereft of redeeming features.

BBC excelling at double standards once again. Any of those things are equally worthy of summary dismissal as Clarkson's lamping of his producer IMO.

the TP specials were the only part worth watching really- and some of them were shit- eg the awful one in India and the various bits of bagges that went with the Burma one. The idea of a road trip is a big attraction for middle aged men - I cannot see them killing this facet of the prog

Back
Top Bottom