Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Toasters that toast evenly

ItWillNeverWork

Messy Crimbobs, fellow humans.
Massive first-world problem here. The last two toasters we've bought are infuriatingly rubbish at the one job they've been given - to toast bread. :mad:

The problem is unevenness of browning. The last one didn't do the bottom of the bread, and the current one doesn't do the edges.

Has anyone got any toaster recommendations?

my approach is to set the toaster to a low setting, so that bread takes two goes to be toasted - and turn the slices round at half-time

On a camping holiday once a friend proudly produced a "camp toaster" he'd bought which was a bit of aluminium with a sort of clamp thing which you placed directly onto the gas stove and it held the bread at just the right distance.

It was remarkable! Within much less than 30 seconds it had set fire to all four corners of an otherwise untouched slice of white bread.

The Philips toaster I've got is over a decade old but still works fine. It's a four slot, and one pair doesn't toast as well as the other despite being set at the same number of the dial. I just swap the bread round to ensure it's done more or less evenly.

If it's for domestic use you'll be paying VAT on that so 3,167.98. But, you know, buy cheap buy often.
It's a bargain really if you like toast - it should cost next to nothing per slice compared to how many cheap toasters you'd need to buy to do thousands of slices.

I've had one of these for four years and have been very happy with it Breville Toaster
I had wanted to get an expensive one but we were pretty skint having just moved house - this does pretty much everything you could ask of a toaster for a reasonable price.

I've had one of these for four years and have been very happy with it Breville Toaster
I had wanted to get an expensive one but we were pretty skint having just moved house - this does pretty much everything you could ask of a toaster for a reasonable price.

Ha, that's the one I just bought earlier this week (except in black) - I wouldn't say it does the complete evenness that the OP was wanting though, there are (like most toasters of that ilk) noticeable lines on the toast - I am fine with that however, very happy with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom