Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

This will end well: Pakistan downs Indian jets

Didn't go down with his ship tho

Not all of him anyway

My father was saying something similar to all and sundry for weeks after the explosion. He rarely got the chuckles he was angling for.

Mountbatten was a vain shit, he made his own obituary programme which was shown in the wake of the announcement.

Mother in law is caught up in this. She was flying to Amritsar via Tashkent. Left Heathrow yesterday lunchtime and got stuck in Tashkent because the airspace was closed for the onward journey. Tried to go again this morning but got diverted to Kabul where she's currently sat on the runway, as far as we know. She's been on aircraft and in lounges for 24 hours. :(
A quick update on this.

We still don't know where mum is. We've had no calls from her but she doesn't have a cellphone and even if she did, I've been told that connectivity is patchy at best. The kids are laughing that Nani is on an Al Qaeda tour of The 'Stans, but it's getting on for 48 hours with no contact now. She's 78, dappy as fuck, and only speaks Punjabi.

Uzbekistan Airways just said that the aircraft took off 2 hours ago but "filed another flight plan via another state!"

Curiouser and curiouser!

Winston Churchill fucked dogs.

allegedly Pakistan moves its nukes around in unmarked trucks:eek: plus those loveable scamps of Pakistan intelligence you know, who invented the Taliban, hid bin Laden, organize terrorist attacks on India, make the Cold war CIA look sane

A quick update on this.

We still don't know where mum is. We've had no calls from her but she doesn't have a cellphone and even if she did, I've been told that connectivity is patchy at best. The kids are laughing that Nani is on an Al Qaeda tour of The 'Stans, but it's getting on for 48 hours with no contact now. She's 78, dappy as fuck, and only speaks Punjabi.

Uzbekistan Airways just said that the aircraft took off 2 hours ago but "filed another flight plan via another state!"

Curiouser and curiouser!

Winston Churchill fucked dogs.
Tali-Nan :cool:

allegedly Pakistan moves its nukes around in unmarked trucks:eek: plus those loveable scamps of Pakistan intelligence you know, who invented the Taliban, hid bin Laden, organize terrorist attacks on India, make the Cold war CIA look sane
I remember reading something about this a few years back as well, apparently it's a major concern of the Pakistani military than the Americans will show up mob handed one day and take all their toys off them.

well after being final for the worlds hide and seek championship they are not on the US's chrimble card list.

Pakistan is offering to return the Indian pilot they captured so hopefully everything cools down until the next time:).

A large number of Indians want to hold onto "their" part of Kashmir because of reasons regardless of the wishes of the locals apparently self-determination doesn't count.

Last edited:
I remember reading something about this a few years back as well, apparently it's a major concern of the Pakistani military than the Americans will show up mob handed one day and take all their toys off them.

It's a complex game - the Pakistani's are, as you say, fearful that the US will get bored of their twattery and take the nukes, but the US has long insisted on (and got) physical security of Pakistan's nukes. That doesn't mean the US has control of them, but it does mean that the US knows where they are and what state they are in. It's a condition of US military aid, and sales to, Pakistan, and the US not siding with India.

Bush 2.0 introduced it, and Barry O strengthened it.

"Book him, Barry O" - it does lack that je ne sais quoi.

Anyway, I'm still not convinced the current upset will lead to full-blown war, and as you know, I'm always right.

I rather take the view that it won't go to full scale war because it's pretty evident that neither side wants it to - they are, broadly, doing about the minimum they think they can get away with while not looking like they are trying desperate to avoid a fight.

Shit goes bad of course, and this stuff often spirals far outside the control and intentions of those who think themselves at the helm of such events....

I rather take the view that it won't go to full scale war because it's pretty evident that neither side wants it to - they are, broadly, doing about the minimum they think they can get away with while not looking like they are trying desperate to avoid a fight.

Shit goes bad of course, and this stuff often spirals far outside the control and intentions of those who think themselves at the helm of such events....
"Hold me back and let me at him" - what could possibly go wrong?

It is not unknown for Chinese troops to take a couple of shots across the border line too.
What ridiculous administrative power causes a mess like this?
Oh.

Back
Top Bottom