Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

This Morning. Phillip comes out as gay.

I really wish this sort of thing wasn't news. The fact it gets pushed to my phone as "breaking news" just exemplifies how a celeb gay coming out story is leaped on as an opportunity to push a sensationalist fluff piece thinly veiled as something in the public interest - no wonder so many gay people decide against going public.
Liked, but is all that get pushed to your phone as "breaking news" proper news, without stuff about, say football or rugby competitions or film or telly awards, shoved in too? Genuine question.

Your points might be valid. I don't know his programme, but if it's some kind of daytime chatter thing, high chance it is as you describe. On your second point, we can hope, but if he is well paid for promoting tabloid views...

Do you not remember Gordon The Falangist Gopher?

It's might not be an issue for TV presenters in general, but it would have been harder for a kids' TV presenter in the 80s, with section 28 and all. Course, there are other reasons that people don't come out even if they realise early on, not just job reasons.
Appens as maybe. I was more thinking of ya Russell Harty type. And Larry Grayson if course but his gayhood was his usp I spose.

Tony Hart was gay but I never realised as a kid.

It's might not be an issue for TV presenters in general, but it would have been harder for a kids' TV presenter in the 80s, with section 28 and all.

there were some tory MPs who were calling for the BBC to sack Gorden Kaye from 'Allo Allo' when he came out in the mid 80s (in his case, the scum was about to out him so he went public to the mirror instead)

Liked, but is all that get pushed to your phone as "breaking news" proper news, without stuff about, say football or rugby competitions or film or telly awards, shoved in too? Genuine question.

The difference is their presenting a veneer of being a public interest piece (and an urgently important one at that) when in fact they’re just perpetuating sensationalism about sexual choices.

I reckon he has private sessions at one of the places that do the blue rinses.
I was a teenager in the mid-late 1970s and I wondered a lot about the "shock horror" of punks dyeing their hair crazy colours when old ladies were already doing it. Blue hair! Pink hair! Oddly, the latter seemed to stop it round about then.

Appens as maybe. I was more thinking of ya Russell Harty type. And Larry Grayson if course but his gayhood was his usp I spose.

Tony Hart was gay but I never realised as a kid.

Tony Hart was married for 50 years and never came out - think you must have got him mixed up with someone.

hmm as much as i think this as a non story as i did not know he even had a wife

some of the stuff said in this thread is a little odd

agree with Puddy_Tats post on the last page

being gay when he was a kid was something completely different to what it is now

Fair play to the fella

Last edited:
Tony Hart was married for 50 years and never came out - think you must have got him mixed up with someone.
Was he not? Well I'll go to foot of our stairs!

I was told Tony was once in a relationship with Andi Peters, but I now see this was a scurrilous rumour, although it seemed feasible at the time

Id really like to know how Andy Peters has forged a career based on being on a permanent holiday more than this really.

I couldn’t give a toss what his sexuality is. I do think this is shit for his wife though and suspect the only reason he’s come out now is a newspaper expose.

He could have just quietly announced his divorce.

He created T4 didn't he?
not sure, but I used to work in the C4 videotape libraey and they filmed T4 in C4 HQ (the only programmed that C4 made themselves, in the in-house studio, so used to see him all the time when he'd come and ask for tv clips. It's weird seeing children's tv presenters you grew up watching, looking unshaven and without makeup

not sure, but I used to work in the C4 videotape libraey and they filmed T4 in C4 HQ (the only programmed that C4 made themselves, in the in-house studio, so used to see him all the time when he'd come and ask for tv clips. It's weird seeing children's tv presenters you grew up watching, looking unshaven and without makeup
You're supposed to close brackets once you've opened them yer bellend.

Back
Top Bottom