Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

This Morning. Phillip comes out as gay.

I just think it's cowardly and stupid to come out so late in life. He says he's proud to be gay but he can't be that proud if he hasn't had the balls to come out in all these years, decades infact.

Basically there is a much higher than normal ratio of gays in TV production in general.
How do you know? Those of us in engineering are just more wary of coming out.

At the start of my career I’d never have passed positive (security) vetting if I was a suspected homosexualist.

we live in very different times, but for those of us of a certain age, old habits die hard.

I just think it's cowardly and stupid to come out so late in life. He says he's proud to be gay but he can't be that proud if he hasn't had the balls to come out in all these years, decades infact.

My brother didn't until he was about 35. I witnessed the huge inner struggle he was going through that took its toll mentally and physically before he came out (I had no idea). It was obviously not easy, and I certainly don't think he was being cowardly for 35 years. Happy to say that it completely turned his life around.

At the start of my career I’d never have passed positive (security) vetting if I was a suspected homosexualist.

we live in very different times, but for those of us of a certain age, old habits die hard.
having said that, Armistead Maupin’s tweet amused me...”welcome to the family, we were expecting you”. ;)

Well yes I was going to add that maybe they are just more open, but I do think it's more than that. Last production I worked on was around 50% gay and that's just the ones that mentioned it in some way at some point.

Back
Top Bottom