Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Phillip Schofield leaves This Morning

Just as a reply to my post eariler in the thread. I totally agree about it looking like a power imbalance between them. It was a point I had overlooked in my origanal post, and I can see the very strong if not refutable argument that he abused his position.

Even so, I can still see that this is still a bit black and white. We really don't know the dynamics of the relationship and is it always the case the the older more successful person has the power? I can't help but come back to what PS has been going though all his life as a person in the Media. It seems like everyone wants him to be the next Saville and I can't see anything like that level of abuse. He fucked up, maybe he used his postition to do that, maybe he's a cunt, but maybe he's just a really confused closeted gay man in a public position having to maintain the lie he's had to create and it's all gone very clearly wrong for him. As far as I can see nonne is saying the guy he had a relationahip with is identifying as a victim... So why are we making him out to be one? I've not heard there was any indicatuon PS was inappropriate to an underage man.

I don't say this to ignore the power thing, I jsut don't know if anyone can truly say it was an abuse of power?
At the time, when the relationship was over, which one of them lost their job? Maybe not in the sense of being made unemployed, but moved into a different role, said by some to be 'promoted' but others have said it wasn't a promotion, was more of a sideways move.

That's an indicator as to who was in the stronger position, who held the power in that relationship.

(Although, of course, Schofield has now lost his job(s) over it.)

"right, i'm going to bring this up live on TV one more time... then we move on"

she's desperate to make it clear she had no idea, is still very wholesome and lovely, definitely not gay or a peado, and an excellent partner for your brand.

Holly has ‘addressed the scandal live on air’ presumably to draw a line under it.
Every time people say stuff like this I see it being acted out physically. Like me and mum when I was a kid used to physically do impressions of people struggling to come to terms with stuff, jerky movements and things. Reeling from the effects, that's the same thing but you're taking backwards steps.

Every time people say stuff like this I see it being acted out physically. Like me and mum when I was a kid used to physically do impressions of people struggling to come to terms with stuff, jerky movements and things. Reeling from the effects, that's the same thing but you're taking backwards steps.

I struggle with phrases and idioms like this and consequently have made a bit of a study about them throughout my life (so as to fit in better) - so am absolutely fascinated by terms like these, and I am glad to hear it is not just me who, although having learned through experience the usual usage of them, still imagines what they would look like in a very literal sense :)

"right, i'm going to bring this up live on TV one more time... then we move on"

she's desperate to make it clear she had no idea, is still very wholesome and lovely, definitely not gay or a peado, and an excellent partner for your brand.
“Are you ok” “We’ve both been lied to”, It’s horrendous .

I think that's most unfair, one of her work colleges had an affair AND lied. Can you imagine if one the pillars of society that are our MPs had carried on like that

Back
Top Bottom