Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help me understand/appreciate this film

didn;t even know there is a Kevin Spacey thread :D Also don't actually know the names of Eastenders actors, I haven't even seen the show this century :D

Great stuff

ETA: sorry, that was a lazy reply to your response.

If you haven't any interest in Spacey there's no reason why you should know about the thread.

With EastEnders, haven't watched it much since 1999. Maybe a few eps just to tune in and get confused.

But the first decade, was a fan. And knew the names of most characters. Even had a couple of the novels! And then there were those of us of a certain age who knew Todd Carty from Grange Hill and Tucker's Luck, so it was cool that the actor joined EE. Although he did replace the actor David Scarboro who was mercilessly targeted by the red tops and eventually committed suicide.

Last edited:
Slightly less mainstream view then. Love the Coen brothers but think their last few films have gone off the boil. I get the impression they're being kooky for the sake of being kooky. Hail Caesar was all over the shop form over substance crap. Buster Scruggs was often pretty nasty, mean spirited and occasionally upsetting (though the section with Tom Waits as the prospector was great). Llewin Davis was an annoying film about a complete arsehole. Like I say, I love the Coens and it would be great if they got their mojo back.

Back
Top Bottom