Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Word of warning....I have one and like it for the reason you mentioned, but the hot oil all gets trapped under the egg too , so when you shift the egg around a bit , the oil has a tendency to erupt at any opportune moment and with eye blinding velocity.

Cheers for the tip - hadn't thought of that. Will wear my asbestos apron just in case.

I've got a splatter guard thing for the normal frying pan, so that would help too even though it will dwarf this wee baby frying pan.

Aldi snot rags.

The "supersoft " ones are 3ply - 350g
The "mansize" are 2 ply - 200g

So the supersoft ones are probably a tighter weave.
It's a shame I no longer work in the paper industry where I had access to a (wet) burst strength tester to see which one works best in practice... :hmm:

Maybe I'll set something up with a bicycle inner tube....

Aldi dark chocolate - all taste pretty good.
The stuff with the mint and orange are OK - though personally I would have liked a bit more mint and less chocolate a la "After 8" - actually the Orange could be a bit more like Terry's ... they ought to try coffee.
The Chilli is almost undetectable - and I'm someone who avoids chilli most of the time.

All very decent dark chocolate though. :)

They've got the Bruschetta in again at Aldi. I keep expecting to hear a murmur going round "They've got the Bruschetta in again" as people grab several and the tray gets emptied until the next time.

Choosing may be, roasting is simple, provided you're quite careful not to overdo them. It's easy to get discouraged when blending them, because they go to that "sandy" stage and nothing seems to happen, then quite suddenly the oil starts to come out and they turn into "butter". It's nice to do with other nuts, too - almonds are great, and walnuts aren't bad, either.

Tried roasting peanuts once over a fire.*
Nearly burnt the house down

*note...I was 6

They've got the Bruschetta in again at Aldi. I keep expecting to hear a murmur going round "They've got the Bruschetta in again" as people grab several and the tray gets emptied until the next time.
Darn - none in mine yesterday - I may have to visit again.
My deli sometimes has similar, but they take up a lot of bicycle pannier space.

In case anyone was thinking of buying the £79.99 pressure washer from Aldi, you can get a Karcher K2 compact from Toolstation for the same price which includes the wall/patio cleaner attachment and so saves you £14.99 (and free delivery is available) [emoji16]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Gin aficionados might be interested to know that Lidl is offering this week the multi-award winning Hortus dry gin, including some flavoured variants, for £15.

I bought a bottle today and have just sampled this brand for the best time, and it is indeed very good. Apparently it recently beat a £30 upmarket rival in blind tests.

Gin aficionados might be interested to know that Lidl is offering this week the multi-award winning Hortus dry gin, including some flavoured variants, for £15.

I bought a bottle today and have just sampled this brand for the best time, and it is indeed very good. Apparently it recently beat a £30 upmarket rival in blind tests.

They quite often do a Hortus Rhubarb and Ginger gin "liquer" which is very very nice indeed.

Sorry but I found Meridian almost as unpleasant as whole earth which I consider to be the worst peanut butter available.

I used to alternate between Suma and essential but they lost their flavour completely.

Aldi have a spectacular range of different peanut butters for an economy supermarket !

The nicest peanut butter I've had recently was achieved via a half-kilo of ASDA redskin peanuts and a stick blender.
Soooooo, you placed your peanuts in a vessel of some description and applied your sturdy stick blender to them ? Did they not erupt from the vessel with force, ricocheting round the kitchen ?

e2a:hmm:

Oh noes :(

74f0195a910fb9c473431ab616d23b88.jpg

I liked it but found it a bit too runny, the jar was done in in 2 days.

It tends to be a bit runny at first after you stir the oil in, but that soon seems to change to a more concrete consistency as you work through the jar. Decent pnb compared to others.

They've ripped out the whole front of my local Aldi.

I hope we don't lose the bag-balancing shelf - deft though I am on a good day evenly loading two IKEA tote bags hanging off of one arm...

:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom