Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

I just had to make a detour on a hot day to buy a bottle and I'm not sure it will actually work with my cooking :p
First impressions are that it's heavy on the tamarind and light on the garum.
I already have a bottle of nam pla I've yet to use in anger.
I may try blending the two.

My verdict :-

L&P is going to suit veggieburgers better.

I'll stick with the straight fish sauce plus soy sauce for my stirfry veggies - and not every day ...

Last edited:
Lidl deluxe stem ginger biscuits are well worth the pound and nine P.

ooh, are they all year round? I bought some months ago and thought they might be a festive line? Good if they're not :D

I dunno who all likes gin but Aldi do gin & tonic ice popsicles, they're 4.5%, apparently they're fine, which is Aberdonian for really yum :D

Thank fuck for that.:thumbs:
That must have been a tense 25min wait for a_chap :D

Even more tense here now as I've just run out of Worcestershire sauce again :(

IMG-20190706-121031674-smaller.jpg

I just looked it up and although it's native to warmer places, they did actually once grow it commercially around Pontefract :)

I just punted £14.99 on a "workmate" - couldn't resist seeing what it was like.
It's more of a toy really - Wickes do a crude, but solid one for £23 - I think I probably paid £15 for mine decades ago.
I will be mounting my mitre saw on THAT and will reserve this one for light work.
I was amazed at how strong it actually is - given I carried it home flat-packed without breaking a sweat and it's made from the skimpiest steel and held together by teeny screws.
It will be absolutely fine for light work, but I wouldn't have bothered if I was within walking distance of Wickes and will shortly either buy a proper stand for my saw or buy another Wickes one.
It is very light though if one needed to carry it around.

Rated at 100KG - so I could technically ALMOST sit on it :oops: (The same probably applies to the bike I've ridden for nearly 20 obese years as it happens !)

So I visited our new Aldi finally - haven't had time since it opened ages ago. I picked up a bottle of Zig Zag wine named after the Zig Zag road up to Box Hill where I sometimes cycle. Apparently there's a vineyard there. It is very nice - very light. I might get a few more bottles for special occasions if I ever have time to get down there again.

Just came back from the pub and fried up some potato rosti.

You evil temptress - the young person who I asked where I might find this delight looked at me like I was some sort of visitor from another planet - suffice to say it's NOT IN (YET)

So I tried my local Aldi as well as they used to do a tinned version - again for their Oktoberfest type thing - Nada

35p - bargain.
Up to now I only liked Grey Poupon - which I have to make a special trip for, but this is very mild and cheap as chips :)

dijon.jpg

Calorie-free condiments FTW :)

Last edited:
I just punted £14.99 on a "workmate" - couldn't resist seeing what it was like.
It's more of a toy really - Wickes do a crude, but solid one for £23 - I think I probably paid £15 for mine decades ago.
I will be mounting my mitre saw on THAT and will reserve this one for light work.
I was amazed at how strong it actually is - given I carried it home flat-packed without breaking a sweat and it's made from the skimpiest steel and held together by teeny screws.
It will be absolutely fine for light work, but I wouldn't have bothered if I was within walking distance of Wickes and will shortly either buy a proper stand for my saw or buy another Wickes one.
It is very light though if one needed to carry it around.

Rated at 100KG - so I could technically ALMOST sit on it :oops: (The same probably applies to the bike I've ridden for nearly 20 obese years as it happens !)

screwfix https://www.screwfix.com/p/evolutio...JKVS0uS-vAUIEMmYeLhoCo2oQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
ae235

bought one last year .......rock solid
£50 a tad heavy for moving around ...

sometimes its on offer for£40 ....totally recommend

Back
Top Bottom