Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Thought the pizza in Aldi was decent. Not as impressed with the bottle of red I got.
Which pizza? Not a fan of the posh fresh ones but think the frozen Carlos sourdough basil and mozzarella ones are very good for the money.

The bases of the posh fresh ones are better (less doughy) if you cook them in a hotter oven than whatever it says on the box, ime.

Toppings on that ham, mushroom & mascarpone one are still shit compared to the Co-op version mind. The char siu pork ones in Aldi atm are good.

Might have to give the ham, mushroom, mascarpone pizza ago.

I think Aldi's maple syrup is very good however the cap can get stuck after opening and be next to impossible to remove without hot water being applied to the cap. I must have scraped most of my finger/handprint off before admitting defeat :rolleyes:

I bought the £40 walk-in greenhouse that's on in Lidl this week and put it up myself yesterday. It's pretty good! Plenty of space and pretty sturdy. I don't expect it to last more than couple of years but for the price it's good.

I bought the £40 walk-in greenhouse that's on in Lidl this week and put it up myself yesterday. It's pretty good! Plenty of space and pretty sturdy. I don't expect it to last more than couple of years but for the price it's good.
I forgot they were coming in! How sturdy? Where I live is very windy on a hill, would it stand up to that?

Frozen avocados?? Jesus is that really a thing? Are they actually pleasant?

Anyone had the saurkraut from either place btw? I need to stock up.

Single egg frying pan £2.49. Should keep the egg in a round shape as the egg snot can't ooze further than the edge of the pan.
Word of warning....I have one and like it for the reason you mentioned, but the hot oil all gets trapped under the egg too , so when you shift the egg around a bit , the oil has a tendency to erupt at any opportune moment and with eye blinding velocity.

Back
Top Bottom