Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Where the hell are all these super busy Lidls everyone goes to? We just waltzed around the barely populated aisles before skipping up the checkout with no queue...

Where the hell are all these super busy Lidls everyone goes to? We just waltzed around the barely populated aisles before skipping up the checkout with no queue...
The people of tottenham know their shit. The Lidl in Tottenham Hale retail park has probably doubled its customer base in the last year.

Massive row in my Aldi this weekend between the woman on the check out and an old man. It was brilliant!
The woman on the checkout called the man over as she only had 2 people after me and the old guy muttered about only wanting to be served by someone who spoke proper English. The check out woman started confronting him saying she spoke 5 languages very well and he should be ashamed of thinking like that. The old guy threw a massive strop, saying it's his right in England to be served by a English person and told her to stuff the shopping while throwing his basket of shopping on the floor and stomped out of the shop.

He came back 2 minutes later asking for his car parking chip coin to be validated. :D

What a dick!

I love Aldi, I do find packing a bit of a nightmare but I take my teenager to do all the lifting. Their take on Lurpak is called Norpak and it's really good.

Got a really nice bedspread today from aldi and a bottle of their cherry coke. So far I've resisted the xmas goodies but the Orange bubbles choc seems to have evaporated.... :hmm: :)

Massive row in my Aldi this weekend between the woman on the check out and an old man. It was brilliant!
The woman on the checkout called the man over as she only had 2 people after me and the old guy muttered about only wanting to be served by someone who spoke proper English. The check out woman started confronting him saying she spoke 5 languages very well and he should be ashamed of thinking like that. The old guy threw a massive strop, saying it's his right in England to be served by a English person and told her to stuff the shopping while throwing his basket of shopping on the floor and stomped out of the shop.

He came back 2 minutes later asking for his car parking chip coin to be validated. :D

What a dick!

I love Aldi, I do find packing a bit of a nightmare but I take my teenager to do all the lifting. Their take on Lurpak is called Norpak and it's really good.

:hmm: :D

Excellent report!

On a similar note, I recall being in a supermarket checkout queue with an elderly gent in front of me complaining about the lack of bread options (it was just before closing on a Sunday). The lady in the checkout pointed out that there were fresh baguettes right behind him, to which he replied "I don't want any of that foreign muck!", whilst trying not to laugh, she pointed out the fact that they have an in store bakery. It did not register at all with him. Priceless.

We do Lidl and sometimes and an Aldi, all outside of the UK, France and Spain. Do they do their premium beer the same in Blighty? It's all German brewed. Pizzas with goats cheese. Gherkins, proper German gear. Potato salad ditto. Jams and Mamalade. Honey. We call it `going for a fiddle in Lidl`.

Need more info on the truffles!
Well at £1.99 a box they are a bit expensive. I have hidden them & can't remember where. To use an expression for the first time "They are fucking lush" Glad I have got that one out of the system.

I have hidden both the Truffles & fudge so that it doesn't spoil my dinner.

I would advise buying the Truffles as a gift if you are going to someone's house & then eating the majority of them yourself.;)

Some treats from yesterday's shop:
big fat bunched carrots 89p
chickpeas 39p
kidney beans 23p
Madame Glamour perfume (don't laugh til you've tried it :mad:) £3.99
cat pouches x12 £2.49

Things to avoid;
Mini melton mowbray pork pies. Described as having crispy pastry. They had bland meat and rubbery pastry. :(

Aldi's crumpets kick Warburton's butt, they're fluffier and get a lovely crunch in't toaster. Another vote for their Toro Loco Tempranillo, £3.69, tastes like a tenner

I wonder if you're still getting the old ones? They changed earlier in the year up here but the old ones were really light and crispy. The newer ones we get are more like warburtons stodge.

I hate to ask...but would you care to post a picture of them in the packet to see if they're the ones I'm after. I did harass Aldi on Facebook but they weren't listening..:D

I wonder if you're still getting the old ones? They changed earlier in the year up here but the old ones were really light and crispy. The newer ones we get are more like warburtons stodge.

I hate to ask...but would you care to post a picture of them in the packet to see if they're the ones I'm after. I did harass Aldi on Facebook but they weren't listening..:D
You're sounding a bit Roy Cropper if you don't mind me saying so :hmm:

You're sounding a bit Roy Cropper if you don't mind me saying so :hmm:

I know who he is but don't get the reference...anyway it's an important issue :p.

I haven't had a crumpet since Aldis across Manchester stopped selling the nice ones. If I find some a few friends would also be over the moon (something to do with weight watchers points :D).

Back
Top Bottom